Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Post Reply

[Q] Help CWM Recovery not working

4th March 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
I have successfully installed Omni ROM with Android 4.4.2 to my Note 2 and I don't like it and want to go back to stock. Before installing the ROM I made a CWM recovery using version 6.0.4.3. When I boot the phone into restore I am able to restore everything but system data. When I try to restore system data I get a message that says .android_secure . img not found skipping restore. How do I fix this so I can have my phone back?
5th March 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #2  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,322
 
2,235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGN2

I have successfully installed Omni ROM with Android 4.4.2 to my Note 2 and I don't like it and want to go back to stock. Before installing the ROM I made a CWM recovery using version 6.0.4.3. When I boot the phone into restore I am able to restore everything but system data. When I try to restore system data I get a message that says .android_secure . img not found skipping restore. How do I fix this so I can have my phone back?

Did your restore boot?
5th March 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Yes, I have restored boot. After I perform the restore everything seems to be normal during, but it gets stuck on the ATT screen during boot.
5th March 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #4  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,322
 
2,235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGN2

Yes, I have restored boot. After I perform the restore everything seems to be normal during, but it gets stuck on the ATT screen during boot.

Try this.

From Zen Arcade's [ROM][4.3][Dec-2013] AT&T I317-UCUBMK6/MJ4 *Stock* Rooted Odex/De-Odex/Odin thread

After flashing one of the stock packages, you may need to flash the MK6 tz.img and optionally the param.bin from the MJ4 leak. The zip below contains two Odin packages.

Try flashing the tz only package first (in Odin), then the tz+param package to see if this gets your phone to boot. You may also need to boot recovery and do a factory reset.

AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMK6 TZ.IMG & UCUBMJ4 (Leak) PARAM.BIN (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)
I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip
http://d-h.st/CDK


- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe

Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/download/77...x2/Odin307.zip

Unzip to where you can run it.


- Put your Note 2 in Download Mode

Entering download mode is very simple. First you will need to turn off your device. Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up. Once you’re there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.

Plug into a RELIABLE usb port and a RELIABLE usb cable (preferably the white Samsung cable) and wait for it to show up in Odin (COM5 or something like that)

Unzip the I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip file you downloaded


- Click the PDA slot in Odin and locate the I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5 that you downloaded and unzipped
The filename that goes into the PDA Slot is I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5

MAKE SURE IN THE OPTION AREA ONLY AUTO REBOOT AND F.RESET TIME ARE CHECKED!!!

- Click START and wait. It will complete and reboot.

Try flashing the tz only package first. See if it boots.

If not, repeat the above steps using I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.tar.md5.

You may also need to boot recovery and do a factory reset. Do this after second ODIN flash.

If your phone still hangs after second flash, pull the battery, and boot into recovery mode.Just hold down UP volume button and power button until recovery screen pops up.
Last edited by dicksteele; 5th March 2014 at 04:35 AM.
5th March 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Ok, I did all of that perfectly and my phone is still booting with Omnirom. I want to put the phone back to stock. I understand that at this point the android_secure.img cant be fixed but before rooting I backed up with Kies so putting the phone back wont be hard. I want the stock rom back and unroot and be done with it.
6th March 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #6  
Bajanman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles Ca.
Thanks Meter: 5,134
 
5,840 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGN2

Ok, I did all of that perfectly and my phone is still booting with Omnirom. I want to put the phone back to stock. I understand that at this point the android_secure.img cant be fixed but before rooting I backed up with Kies so putting the phone back wont be hard. I want the stock rom back and unroot and be done with it.

Since you tried everything above and it didn't HELP..
I'm wondering have you tired the kies emergency firmware recover. I taught I screwed my phone up flashing a Odin file. Then the phone was stuck not doing anything. Couldn't boot up, nada.
But after running it thru that set up, the phone was back to completely stock...
Look HERE»»»http://goo.gl/J0P1ZX

Not sure if it'll help but worth a try right. It helped me when I was in need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes