Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble with [OS - 1.10.605.2]

Tip us?

xxshererxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Trouble with [OS - 1.10.605.2]

Having trouble with this OS because I want to update to (Sense 5.5) (4.4.2) but I'm stuck on (Sense 5.0) (4.2.2). Just becoming extremely frustrated and cannot find a firmware update to move my OS up to 1.10.605.10 or even 1.10.605.8.

I am on Verizon and have HBOOT - 1.54, Superuser, S-OFF, and Bootloader Unlocked. Right now after what I have been reading today it seems as if I am stuck with this OS and wont be able to receive the OTA updates to get a better ROM.

Although one good thing that happened is I just got my recovery working today thanks to "philz_touch_6.19.3-m7vzw"

So if anybody and I mean anybody has any suggestions on how I can do this or even point me in the direction of the best ROM for my requirements it would be greatly appreciated.

I do not remember rooting being this difficult with my Thunderbolt.

Best regards,

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxshererxx View Post
Having trouble with this OS because I want to update to (Sense 5.5) (4.4.2) but I'm stuck on (Sense 5.0) (4.2.2). Just becoming extremely frustrated and cannot find a firmware update to move my OS up to 1.10.605.10 or even 1.10.605.8.

I am on Verizon and have HBOOT - 1.54, Superuser, S-OFF, and Bootloader Unlocked. Right now after what I have been reading today it seems as if I am stuck with this OS and wont be able to receive the OTA updates to get a better ROM.

Although one good thing that happened is I just got my recovery working today thanks to "philz_touch_6.19.3-m7vzw"

So if anybody and I mean anybody has any suggestions on how I can do this or even point me in the direction of the best ROM for my requirements it would be greatly appreciated.

I do not remember rooting being this difficult with my Thunderbolt.

Best regards,
does the phone even see any updates available ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

xxshererxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
does the phone even see any updates available ?
No it does not...

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No it does not...
this RUU will get you to .10
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...decrypted-zip/

Instructions for Flashing RUU Zip Files:
Download the RUU.zip file and place in your ADB/fastboot folder. I would recommend renaming the zip file to something simple like ruu.zip.

Boot your phone into the bootloader by holding the power and vol up/down buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader screen or if you have your phone booted you can use the ADB command:

adb reboot-bootloader

Now use these fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Should see the Silver HTC logo. Now issue this command to flash your phone using the ruu.zip file:

fastboot flash zip ruu.zip

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

**Notes about the RUU.zip method. You still need to have the proper CID for the RUU. You can run the RUU.zip with super CID, but you will have to lock your bootloader first. If you are running the RUU.zip as base to downgrade all your firmware because you are going to then going to restore a stock Nandroid so the RUU might not be made for your MID, so you may need to edit the android-info.txt inside the ruu.zip to include your MID or CID.
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxshererxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
this RUU will get you to .10

Instructions for Flashing RUU Zip Files:
Download the RUU.zip file and place in your ADB/fastboot folder. I would recommend renaming the zip file to something simple like ruu.zip.

Boot your phone into the bootloader by holding the power and vol up/down buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader screen or if you have your phone booted you can use the ADB command:

adb reboot-bootloader

Now use these fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Should see the Silver HTC logo. Now issue this command to flash your phone using the ruu.zip file:

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

**Notes about the RUU.zip method. You still need to have the proper CID for the RUU. You can run the RUU.zip with super CID, but you will have to lock your bootloader first. If you are running the RUU.zip as base to downgrade all your firmware because you are going to then going to restore a stock Nandroid so the RUU might not be made for your MID, so you may need to edit the android-info.txt inside the ruu.zip to include your MID or CID.
Just curious so after I flash this RUU, what is my next step? To download a custom ROM suitable for 4.4.2?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Just curious so after I flash this RUU, what is my next step? To download a custom ROM suitable for 4.4.2?
no... hopefully get the OTA update
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

xxshererxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Yeah I was a little to tired to realize what I was talking about last night.

I was going back and forth between studying java, ascii, and unix for my exam earlier today and trying to get my phone squared away.

Now I'm curious about updating my baseband unless it really won't make much of a difference.

But this is where I ended up at.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394089548381.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2616044   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394089558147.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	2616045