Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 43,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrading gingerbread to froyo

Tip us?

Badking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Downgrading gingerbread to froyo

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V), my phone came stock with Froyo 2.2.1 (T959VUVKD1). My phone is now running on Gingerbread 2.3.6 (T959VUVKJ6).
I want to go back to stock Froyo 2.2.1 because i like it better. Can I go back to Froyo 2.2.1? Can anyone please post what I need to put into odin and where i would put each file into odin to get my phone running back on Froyo 2.2.1 if i currently have Gingerbread 2.3.6. Thanks.

champ1919
Old
Thanks Meter 103
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2042484

Badking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung Galaxy S 4G (GB 2.3.6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1919 View Post
This link that you put, after i go to there what am i supposed to download? Also will this take me to stock froyo 2.2.1 (t959vuvkd1). I want go to froyo 2.2.1 because that what it was when i bought my phone. If there is a one-click to go to stock froyo 2.2.1. Or the files i need to get me to froyo 2.2.1 on odin.

champ1919
Old
Thanks Meter 103
In the sixth post is a one click kd1... download & run. Simple

Badking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
What if my sgh-t959v, gingerbread 2.3.6 is rooted would the one click thing back to froyo 2.2.1 still work if my phone is rooted? So your saying i just have to download the froyo one-click and it will take my phone from gingerbread 2.3.6 to froyo 2.2.1 all by itself? Im really nooby at this please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

jeffsf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 975

DONATE TO ME
Yes, the one-click will basically install the other version on your phone. It will most likely remove root.

You will almost certainly have to backup all the data you wish to preserve with something like Titanium Backup and restore it to the phone as Android and apps don't "downgrade" very gracefully.
Nexus 5, custom OmniROM builds (don't panic, it means I can brick my SGS4G without fear)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G -- Development version of OmniROM
Fromerly: Development version of Team Acid's CM9 source, Hefe Kernel of Darkness, KG4 modem.
Working on: Cleaning up the build tree for OmniROM and Samsung kernel sources

WiFi Performance, GB vs. ICS, and how to measure it yourself.

FreeBSD, Ubuntu, MacOS X, OpenWRT
Motorola Micro-TAC ("Micro" ) Nokia 2160, 8260, 6681, E70, N900, then had to move on

bhundven
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,473
I think @FBis251 made a froyo oneclick.

Badking
Old
(Last edited by Badking; 9th March 2014 at 03:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Woops this one was on accident, look at post #9.

Badking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hey can anyone tell me the process of using the kd1 one-click for my sgh-t959v. I heard that i have to go into dl mode and plug in my phone and open the sgh-t959v-kd1-one-click.jar and run it. And the second time i run it i should have flash bootloaders checked. And after that i should do factory reset, clear cache from the android recovery screen? After i run the jar for the first time what will my phone screen be on after the process is done? After ive ran the kd1.jar twice will it take me setting up phone phone steps. Please anyone tell me steps using the kd1-one-click.jar if i have to run it once or twice and have flash bootloaders checked. Thanks.

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,637

DONATE TO ME
You should be following this guide when flashing one clicks:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=2

The one click @bhundven mentioned is this one:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/team...-one-click.jar

To be specific, lumin's guide will tell you how to flash a one click. You should be flashing the one click I linked you to (kd1-stock-sgh-t959v-one-click.jar) while following the instructions in that guide.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]