Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] really dumb question but...

OP Dustin7892

5th March 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
I've been running kit kat ROMs for a while but I kinda really miss stock. The battery life is just unparalleled. Is there a way to back up all apps from 4.4 and restore on ZVC? A lot of things have just been downloaded from apks (free apps, no worries) so it wouldn't restore through the play store obviously. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
5th March 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #2  
engine95's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,532
 
2,141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin7892

I've been running kit kat ROMs for a while but I kinda really miss stock. The battery life is just unparalleled. Is there a way to back up all apps from 4.4 and restore on ZVC? A lot of things have just been downloaded from apks (free apps, no worries) so it wouldn't restore through the play store obviously. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Do to mean just backup the apk's without the data that is with them?
Use estrong file explorer. In its settings> tools, it'll backup all the apk's you select. Coming from KK though, some of those might not work as stock is 4.1.2.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

Do to mean just backup the apk's without the data that is with them?
Use estrong file explorer. In its settings> tools, it'll backup all the apk's you select. Coming from KK though, some of those might not work as stock is 4.1.2.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Worth a shot, thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
7th March 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #4  
Member
Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 8
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin7892

I've been running kit kat ROMs for a while but I kinda really miss stock. The battery life is just unparalleled. Is there a way to back up all apps from 4.4 and restore on ZVC? A lot of things have just been downloaded from apks (free apps, no worries) so it wouldn't restore through the play store obviously. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Hello, I am new to the Optimus G, (coming from Nexus 5 and very used to KitKat). I am tempted to use a KitKat rom, but it seems you are not happy with the battery life compared to stock. I am trying to decide if it is worth the effort to use a kitkat rom, or to leave it stock.

My priority is reliability (gps, data, no random reboots).... Since it sounds like you have tried a few kitkat roms, can you advise which one to try (the best among the bunch)?

Also, I am willing to forego the slick updated look of Kitkat roms, if it means more reliability and better battery life. Please update us on any differnces you may notice after reverting back to stock...
8th March 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoomani

Hello, I am new to the Optimus G, (coming from Nexus 5 and very used to KitKat). I am tempted to use a KitKat rom, but it seems you are not happy with the battery life compared to stock. I am trying to decide if it is worth the effort to use a kitkat rom, or to leave it stock.

My priority is reliability (gps, data, no random reboots).... Since it sounds like you have tried a few kitkat roms, can you advise which one to try (the best among the bunch)?

Also, I am willing to forego the slick updated look of Kitkat roms, if it means more reliability and better battery life. Please update us on any differnces you may notice after reverting back to stock...

Stock on this phone in general is just a bit snappier, and more reliable as far as how everything runs. I've been running beanstalks 4.4 for about three weeks ish and it seems pretty stable, I just don't like how snapchat causes it to yellow screen occasionally. Kinda dumb. CM11 always seemed to break everything, and blue lightning made a few apps not work so well. I feel like there's a couple more I tried but I can't quite remember. SUPPOSEDLY The G pro is getting 4.4 which means we should get a pretty clean 4.4 "stock" from that from porting over, so until then I'm gonna go/stay stock. Overall, if you wanna try 4.4 just make a nandroid backup, flash beanstalks 4.4 and gapps and see how it feels for you. If you don't like it, wipe and restore your backup.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #6  
JESUSARIUS REX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 49
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoomani

Hello, I am new to the Optimus G, (coming from Nexus 5 and very used to KitKat). I am tempted to use a KitKat rom, but it seems you are not happy with the battery life compared to stock. I am trying to decide if it is worth the effort to use a kitkat rom, or to leave it stock.

My priority is reliability (gps, data, no random reboots).... Since it sounds like you have tried a few kitkat roms, can you advise which one to try (the best among the bunch)?

Also, I am willing to forego the slick updated look of Kitkat roms, if it means more reliability and better battery life. Please update us on any differnces you may notice after reverting back to stock...

I highly recommend the liquid smooth ROM, either in gee or ls970 versions. I honestly get about the same battery life and performance of stock with all kit kat features . I recommend you use f93 kernel or matr1x too.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes