Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows 8 file coding

Tip us?

iamthecoder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Windows 8 file coding

I was looking through some files and i found alot of files that had coding like this :nLe=5{i!b5n)~
Z
cY*pa%R "+qh)Zmx)8`͚e*PDڱ#jMZ1}(e4* f[9Ac
K6lZs^N-B~6 ̉hxQ6,mF,Fo㢋EƍlSٿDR:T ZKFl/q
s1xӚs! <:} @v+_Oɞdb#
/EJ$2*ބRb|W][П6hIFNBJ]t!p 2aS ;-N(Hu' us#
ywĕ

Could someone help me with this!

FIle address

C:\Users\dasd\AppData\Local\Packages\GluGamesInc.S amuraivsZombiesDefense_2mkdfttccc4r6\LocalState

There is a file there called localsave_offline_Save.data it aroused my attention so i looked through it and im no wizard at decoding so help please!

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 323
That is because the file is not stored as plain text and is raw binary data. Notepad then attempts to try to load it as plain text and as you can see fails miserably to make anything of it.

iamthecoder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
That is because the file is not stored as plain text and is raw binary data. Notepad then attempts to try to load it as plain text and as you can see fails miserably to make anything of it.
Then how could i turn it into plain text

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Realistically you can't so I suggest learning how to play the game properly rather than editing your save state :P
The Following User Says Thank You to SixSixSevenSeven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamthecoder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
Realistically you can't so I suggest learning how to play the game properly rather than editing your save state :P
Eh im done with the game was just wondering thanks for the help though would've wasted unnecessary time

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2641
Yeah... the file could be anything from a binary representation of in-memory data structures to encrypted plain text. Without decompiling the app, I probably couldn't tell you which. Totally not worth the effort.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.