module flying android doesn't work

5th March 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Hello,

I have a rooted Nexus 5 with stock rom.

I tried to use xposed module "flying android", it works when I start it within apps overview, but not as explained in the video by pressing long the home button. I always get the google now icon.

Could anybody help me please?

Thank you!

Matthias

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
7th March 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 35

38 posts
After installing and enabling Flying Android, you need to launch "FA Toggle" to move the window of the Activity. But this module does NOT provide any way to launch it. So you should prepare other apps to do it such as Gravity Box, SwipePad, etc. In the demo movie, I use Gravity Box to show "FA Toggle" on the Navi-ring (popup when long-pressing the home button).
7th March 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Oh ok, I understand.

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
30th March 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag 台北
Thanks Meter: 225

849 posts
More
version 0.6.0 causing other apps to FC all over the place. I had to revert to 0.5.6.

@tkgktyk, we really need a support thread for this great app.
30th March 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #5  

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy34742

version 0.6.0 causing other apps to FC all over the place. I had to revert to 0.5.6.

Thanks for your message, I fixed the bug at version 0.6.1 already uploaded.
The Following User Says Thank You to tkgktyk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag 台北

849 posts
More
0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.

In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.
Last edited by Jimmy34742; 30th March 2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: more apps that work
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy34742 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #7  

38 posts
Quote:

0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.

OK, I revert Black list's layout to previous version. And FA Toggle's behavior you said is probably Android's specification. Because FA Toggle is an Activity within Flying Android package, it brings another Activity within same package to top of app's stack if the another Activity is running on background. I think FA Toggle's flag is bad, but I couldn't fix it. Therefore, please exit Flying Android's app by pressing Back key before fly.

Quote:

In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.

My Galaxy Note's phone app still cannot fly. And Firefox works correctly even if flying.
I feel that model-dependent behaviors are increased on version 0.6.x. I also received a report that FA's icon is displayed on the top if FA is enabled on HTC's phone.
7th April 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #8  
Flag 台北

849 posts
More
It doesn't work well with ezPDF, so I had to blacklist it. When you view this app's recent items list, FA changes the list's coloring to mostly white so that it's hard to read. I guess that has something to do with the "Force set window background" feature, which I have checked. Then, when you fly ezPDF while in the recent items list, it takes two clicks to un-fly it completely. I don't really need to fly this app, but if the bugs associated with ezPDF are fixed, I imagine it will make FA work better with other apps, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy34742 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #9  

38 posts
Quote:

The "in call" bug is fixed on my Galaxy S4. So I took the phone app contacts off the blacklist, and they fly correctly. The pin options look good, and option changes take effect after restarting apps that were already running so that we don't have to reboot.

EDIT: suggestion: I only find the pin function useful in a few apps (that do internal scrolling). It's annoying to display the pin for apps that don't need it because I might accidentally touch it. So I suggest a whitelist for the pin function.

Thank you for your feedbacks, I really appreciate your response.
I'll append a white list for the pin function in the next version.

Quote:

It doesn't work well with ezPDF, so I had to blacklist it. When you view this app's recent items list, FA changes the list's coloring to mostly white so that it's hard to read. I guess that has something to do with the "Force set window background" feature, which I have checked. Then, when you fly ezPDF while in the recent items list, it takes two clicks to un-fly it completely. I don't really need to fly this app, but if the bugs associated with ezPDF are fixed, I imagine it will make FA work better with other apps, too.

I confirmed the bug. There are two flying views at a time in ezPDF. I'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkaas

@tkgktyk: I got a cycle reboot at sony ericsson ray (os 2.3.4 stock)

Sorry, supported Gingerbread since I had some requests, but I cannot test mod's behavior on Gingerbread. I tested only UIs.
Could you send me logs? There is an email address in https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onatetotkgktyk
The Following User Says Thank You to tkgktyk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 100

172 posts
More
@tkgktyk: how I can get logs if reboot is permanently occurs? I don't know. Last time to restore phone I just back up data partition from my cwm-backup (so elden! ).
and what log? system or xposed? I don't know which log-files will not be erased after data part restore.. Or trying to connect to adb between reboots?
give me some hints/advice and I'll try again.
Last edited by coolkaas; 9th April 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank