Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Encryption Unsuccessful?

OP mumaxe

6th March 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
mumaxe's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!


Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140305_184806.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	2615616  
6th March 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumaxe

Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!


Any ideas?

You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.



Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to iMiguelAcuna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #3  
mumaxe's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiguelAcuna

You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.



Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...
6th March 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #4  
mumaxe's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumaxe

Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...

Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.
7th March 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumaxe

Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.

Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #6  
mumaxe's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiguelAcuna

Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

I did everything the "right" way, i even relocked the bootloader and then re-unlocked it just thinking it was that. any time i try to flash it with anything that is not the original stock GPE rom it will show the encryption thing. does it have to do anything with the fact its a gpe device? i was really exited to get the gpe edition because it would be fun and straightforward like the nexus 5 but now i feel i screwed up by doin that since it aparently only likes the stupid stock rom. now im officialy out of ideas.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes