Thank you for your continuous interest in my work. I am happy to announce a new updated version of my Samy Deluxe ROM but please do not expect new versions on a daily basis. I release whenever I feel like and there is no masterplan or schedule I follow. As the Clash said, “the future is unwritten”, which means this could be the last Samy Deluxe update, or another step towards my world domination plan. Who knows?
First Samy Deluxe Release based on Android 5.0 Lollipop
This latest release is finally based on Android Lollipop but still fully adheres to my Samy Deluxe principles. No fancy-bull**** tweaks, no super-secret sauce is included, every element is straight to the point. It includes many (read carefully: not all!) Galaxy S6 features and apps, because I strongly believe this is what Samsung should have brought to all of its devices instead of forcing people to upgrade their hardware twice a year whenever Samsung releases a new flagship smartphone.
Since I am not a developer I haven’t been able to fully port all existing Galaxy S6 features. There are things missing which I am not able to fix.
I am also not including detailed instructions on how to flash this onto your Galaxy S4 because most people will not read it. If you were able to successfully flash a prior Samy Deluxe ROM version you will be able to do so again.
I installed the ROM pretty much like everybody else does. I copied the file to the internal disk, rebooted into recovery, went through the AROMA-Installer and kept my fingers crossed afterwards for a while since the very first boot up process takes an endless time.
I encourage everybody to take and modify this in every possible way and I neither don’t mind if you credit it or not, nor can I control what you are doing. Even though I must admit that I have some advanced mind control skills that will probably trick you into keep coming back here on a daily basis.
Or, to make a long story short: Use it!
Samy Deluxe ROM Questions & Answers
Do I have to full wipe before installation?
Yes, most probably you will get some errors so a full wipe (can be done via Aroma Installer) is recommended.
Do I have to flash a bootloader or modem?
I didn’t update the modem or the bootloader and everything is still working.
How often will you release updates and fixes?
I have a problem. Can you spend your time fixing all the problems I have with my smartphone?
Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to do when I was a child. Send 500 Dollars for every hour I spend setting up the most basic things on your smartphone and we are good to go.
Will this work on my GT-i9500 | GT-i9515 | GT-i9506 LTÉ+ | SGH-I337 | SGH-M919 | SCH-I545 | SPH-L720 ?
I have no idea.
Do you like answering the same question over and over again?
Yes. Who doesn’t?
Why didn’t you release a new Samy Deluxe version for such a long time and now all of a sudden you come back with a bang?
I spent half a year in a cave without LTE connection and had better things to do. I released a new version because I need traffic for my website and I miss answering the same questions over and over again!
Word on the street is you now own an iPhone 6. You are a traitor!
Is that a question or are you trying to destroy my reputation? Besides that: Yes, I do own an iPhone 6 now and I am quite happy. However, I still don’t spend my time hanging out at starbucks and I don’t do hipster things with my hipster phone.
What happened to version Q and version R of your ROM?
These are the things that got lost in the fire. Their names were:
- Samy Deluxe ROM Question The Answers
- Samy Deluxe ROM Rorschach
Why should we use this ROM and if not, which other ROM do you recommend?
Using Samy Deluxe ROMs will make you sexier. In case you are sexy enough I would urge you not to use this ROM.
Apart from Samy Deluxe ROM, there are a ton of other great releases and I would always recommend using the one that fits your needs best, no matter what the name is.
The latest release and full support can always be found here. Please do not mirror, and if you do so, don't blame it on me if anything goes wrong.
CREDITS & THANK YOU
- XDA community (best, and will always be!)
- wanam (GOD of ROM)
- Albe95: (some galaxy s6 apps and edited APKs taken form his fantastic s6 port . USE IT!)
- angelovitello (some new icons & apps)
- sanoc69 (mirror!)
- rubbem06 (tested all apps!)
You are invited to edit, modify and use this ROM in every possible way that suits your needs.
Q: How do I install this?
- Download to internal SD card, do not put it on your external SD-card
- Reboot into recovery. Please use TWRP
- FullWipe or use option to factory reset
- Install and reboot
- Flash other addons after first boot (very important)
Q: What can I do if there are some errors?
Errors are likely to be there. This is still due to its nature a work in progress. However, before posting, read if the issue hasn't already been mentioned.
If you decide it hasn't, report the error and attach a logcat.
Q: Will you support any other Galaxy S4 versions?
Short answer: No. I don’t have your device and thus will never release anything I didn’t have the chance to ruin it myself….
Q: What is the last changelog?
Version S. Something Green and Leafy This Way Comes (12.05.15)
- Based on Lollipop (finally!)
- AROMA installer
- option to choose between stock s5 TouchWiz launcher and TouchWiz Launcher Stock S5 smaller Icons
- choose between S4 and S5 SHealth
- S5 Camera (thanks to Albe95)
- changed to AEL kernel
- Readded missing XposedInstaller
- edited apps: SViewCover, Group Play, a few others I forgot
- new XXUGNG4 base
- Updated GoogyMax3 Kernel to 1.1.3
- Replaced S5 SHealth with Galaxy S4 App
- Removed themechooser option TouchWiz launcher
- Replaced Samsung LInk with Galaxy S4 version (less battery consumption)
- Updated some Galaxy S5 Apps (Accuweather, S5 Mini clock, SNote, ...)
- Reduced size: removed unnecessary apps, libs, permissions etc
- added some (mild) battery and connection tweaks
- added some Galaxy S5 CSC features (need to stand the test of time)
- special thanks to xda member dany_ for help!
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************
Version J Fixed
LINKS & INSTRUCTIONS
I will NOT be online because I will watch the world cup opening match tonight!
- Fixed S5 Player
- S5 Contacts & Phone
- S5 S-View Cover
- S5 Video Player
I personally take no credits for this update, I am just sharing the precious work of one of my readers: Tobi, thank you very much!
Version J "Jello Biafra" (17.4.2014) (NOWIPE Edition)
- S5 Particle Effect & Water Color (Reboot after first reboot for full functionality)
- New SecSettings & Reboot Menu (adapted to Samy Deluxe)
- Sbrowser fixed
- Write to SD fixed
- Samsung Link fixed
Version I *“I Don’t Want To Grow Up” (17.4.2014) (Uploading!!!!)
- Took out the trash, bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes!!!
- New SecSettings (thanks to yener90)
- New SystemUI
- Fixed Sbrowser
- Fixed SViewCover
- Added/New: Galaxy S5 Gallery, MusicPlayer (with bugs!), Optical Reader, KidsMode (untested)
This is a maintenance release that is supposed to add stability to the ROM and eliminate as many bugs as possible. It wouldn’t be possible without XDA, be it by sharing apps, libs and fixes or by helping me out seeding the torrent. I believe this is the most complete community-based release of Samy Deluxe up to now– a true community ROM: You deserve the props! Feel free to comment on this if you contributed in a way or another so I can add you to the thanks & credits list!
Version H *“Hey, the KKK to my baby away” (internal joke!) (9.4.2014)
Version G ”Good Clean Fun (6.4.2014)
- New Base (XXUFNC5)
- massive cleanup: completely redone & rewritten
- Added new S5 Apps ( SHealth, Snote, SPlanner, S-Baro etc)
- LTE option can be selected
- S5 Launcher & Themes
- S5 Lockscreen Effect (flash after first boot as addon)
- ISSUE: SBrowser sometimes crashes with activated smart functions (smart stay, smart scroll etc)
Version F From Ashes Rise" (1.4.2014)
- New S5 sytle system, settings & framework
- added new S5 Apps (Svoice etc)
- S5 Wallpapers
- new Kernel: Adam 2.2
- removed viPERAudio
- removed apps not needed
- edited battery icon (now with or without numbers)
- New Base VJUFNB2 (stability, but missing keyboard languages need to be downloaded)
- Rework of all edited & added apps
- New Galaxy S5 style reboot option
- Galaxy S5 UI
- Galaxy S5 style Accuweather widget
- ViPER4Android FX integration (needs to be enabled in audio settings)
- FULL WIPE is RECQUIRED to avoid errors!
- Adam Kernel 2.1 (more stable than previously used kernel)
Version D (12.3.2014) (uploading…)
- Added new S5 Apps ( Gear Fit Manager, Group Play, MyBoard, New Calculator, S-Translator, SVoice etc)
- Settings updated (eliminated second settings icon)
- FULL WIPE is RECQUIRED to avoid errors!
- Talexop Kernel 2.4 (shown as 2.0)
Version C (10.3.2014)
- Back to XXUFNB8
- Full Language Support (including German!)
- Galaxy S5 Status Bar
- Fixed Multiview
- some minor tweaks
- themed more system apps
- changed Settings UI
- some performance tweaks
- some other minor fixes
No more donations please.