ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Fix unexpected screen sleep!

OP kcipopnevets

6th March 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 33

221 posts
More
Are you tired of your Mini/Ultra/Maxx falling asleep at random while using it? Does the phone fall asleep while actively scrolling through your home screens and apps drawer? Well, my mother and I have both had this issue and I found the solution to fix both phones:

INSTALL AND SET ANOTHER LAUNCHER.

And that's it. If you haven't already, use Google Experience Launcher to get some of the KitKat Moto and the Big Red didn't give us!
The Following User Says Thank You to kcipopnevets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets

Are you tired of your Mini/Ultra/Maxx falling asleep at random while using it? Does the phone fall asleep while actively scrolling through your home screens and apps drawer? Well, my mother and I have both had this issue and I found the solution to fix both phones:

INSTALL AND SET ANOTHER LAUNCHER.

And that's it. If you haven't already, use Google Experience Launcher to get some of the KitKat Moto and the Big Red didn't give us!

Yep, the stock launcher watches the proximity sensor (to the left of the earpiece at the top) and if you pass your hand or something a few inches above it will mistake this for putting in a pocket or a bag and will sleep the display. It's a nice feature, actually, unless you regularly pass your hand over that sensor.
6th March 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 33

221 posts
More
Question
I just wanted to put this in the open. The people I know and undoubtedly many others find it annoying, including myself. The screen shuts off on me even in broad daylight.
7th March 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets

I just wanted to put this in the open. The people I know and undoubtedly many others find it annoying, including myself. The screen shuts off on me even in broad daylight.

HA!!! Thanks! It seems it is exactly like my issue posted some time ago http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672614
9th March 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #5  
Flag somewhere in arkansas
Thanks Meter: 318

712 posts
More
I noticed that too. But it only happened in the app drawer of stock launcher. It doesn't happen using GEL or any other launcher.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
10th March 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
yeah I am now using nova launcher and everything is OK
12th March 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #7  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 89

1,150 posts
Or use screebl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
31st March 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

109 posts
I'm having an issue where sometimes my display won't turn off even after the 30 seconds I have set. After I turn it off then on with the power button, then the display sleep works

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread