Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix unexpected screen sleep!

Tip us?

kcipopnevets
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Fix unexpected screen sleep!

Are you tired of your Mini/Ultra/Maxx falling asleep at random while using it? Does the phone fall asleep while actively scrolling through your home screens and apps drawer? Well, my mother and I have both had this issue and I found the solution to fix both phones:

INSTALL AND SET ANOTHER LAUNCHER.

And that's it. If you haven't already, use Google Experience Launcher to get some of the KitKat Moto and the Big Red didn't give us!
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/
The Following User Says Thank You to kcipopnevets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
Are you tired of your Mini/Ultra/Maxx falling asleep at random while using it? Does the phone fall asleep while actively scrolling through your home screens and apps drawer? Well, my mother and I have both had this issue and I found the solution to fix both phones:

INSTALL AND SET ANOTHER LAUNCHER.

And that's it. If you haven't already, use Google Experience Launcher to get some of the KitKat Moto and the Big Red didn't give us!
Yep, the stock launcher watches the proximity sensor (to the left of the earpiece at the top) and if you pass your hand or something a few inches above it will mistake this for putting in a pocket or a bag and will sleep the display. It's a nice feature, actually, unless you regularly pass your hand over that sensor.

kcipopnevets
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I just wanted to put this in the open. The people I know and undoubtedly many others find it annoying, including myself. The screen shuts off on me even in broad daylight.
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

ArdW
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
I just wanted to put this in the open. The people I know and undoubtedly many others find it annoying, including myself. The screen shuts off on me even in broad daylight.
HA!!! Thanks! It seems it is exactly like my issue posted some time ago http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672614

Lordomn
Old
Thanks Meter 306
I noticed that too. But it only happened in the app drawer of stock launcher. It doesn't happen using GEL or any other launcher.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

ArdW
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yeah I am now using nova launcher and everything is OK

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Or use screebl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mudvayne622
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having an issue where sometimes my display won't turn off even after the 30 seconds I have set. After I turn it off then on with the power button, then the display sleep works

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app