LS980 and USB OTG

7th March 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
cant find a solid info that the LS980 supports USB OTG. tried google and now that their discussion filter is gone, it make finding answers a bit harder. same thing here, nothing for sure that it works, but it does for other G2's??

anyway, just got this phone last week and also got a new canon t5i dslr. was hoping to be able to pull the sdhc out of the camera and get an OTG reader for my wifes phone( also a ls980) so she can post pics without the need of a pc, whilst out and about.

thanks for any info!
7th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Greenville, WI
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
It should support USB otg I can't think of any reason that lg would disable that feature I know that it is supported in android 4.2.2 by default but it should work.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th March 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag Huntington
Thanks Meter: 63

259 posts
More
Works on my d800, I don't see why it wouldnt on yours. Buy a $3 adapter on amazon/eBay and check. I'm about 99.999% positive it will work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
8th March 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #4  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 42

107 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorahole

cant find a solid info that the LS980 supports USB OTG. tried google and now that their discussion filter is gone, it make finding answers a bit harder. same thing here, nothing for sure that it works, but it does for other G2's??

anyway, just got this phone last week and also got a new canon t5i dslr. was hoping to be able to pull the sdhc out of the camera and get an OTG reader for my wifes phone( also a ls980) so she can post pics without the need of a pc, whilst out and about.

thanks for any info!

Well i have a ls980 just like you and although i have not used usb otg on my phone i can say that when i go into recovery to wipe data there is an option to wipe usb otg data. I dont know why they would put an option for that if you were not able to use it.

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk with my G2
8th March 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag Srebrenik
Thanks Meter: 13

126 posts
More
I have a D802 and a generic OTG cable. My friends USB 4GB stick works without problem, but when I try to connect my Kingston DT101 4GB USB stick, that "stick animation" is shown on my LG G2, but memory isn't mounted. I can't see my USB stick in Settings -> Memory. Is there something I can do to make my Kingstone USB stick OTG compatible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread