This thread will provide custom recovery ( CWM/TWRP ) flashable zip files of the stock frmware without knox software. This way you need not upgrade using OTA and hence will be able to move between stock and custom firmware if need to.
If you use OTA to upgrade to the latest firmware, your bootloader will be upgraded to facilitate knox. Once updated there is no going back. The roms in this thread will help you overcome this issue.
The only prerequisite is that you are not already running a knox enabled bootloader. You can find this out by going into download mode and checking if knox entries are shown in bootloader screen.
You will have the following advantages.
- Bootloader is not touched, hence any compatible rom can be flashed, including custom roms
- Only Samsung knox files are removed
- Root & Busybox
- Stock kernel
- Download the Odin version of Philz recovery or my custom twrp recovery and flash.
- Reboot to recovery first else custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery.
- Flash the ROM zip file
- Reboot and Njoy...
- Use Odin v3.04
- Untick Autoreboot
- Flash modem
- Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
- Flash Modem once more
- Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
- If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.
All files can be downloaded from my Mega folder. Choose the mega link and select SPH-L600 STOCK FIRMWARE folder. MD5 hash values are available in a separate file inside the folder.
@dsixda for creating android kitchen which makes it so easy to create a stock rom in zip format. I modified the kitchen to make it compatible with the Mega...
@MikeyMike for testing the build....