Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Im on MDK, help deciding new rom.

Tip us?
 
Jalh
Old
#1  
Jalh's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Im on MDK, help deciding new rom.

Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.
 
65vdub
Old
#2  
65vdub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 100
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Long Beach
What ROM are you running right now? I went from jrkruse's stock touchwiz ROM, to cm11, and am currently on slimkat 4.4.2 weekly 3.4 build

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Jalh
Old
#3  
Jalh's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
I'm on a rooted stock tw ROM with android version 4.2.2. I can't stand the bloated ROM from Samsung anymore. some apps lag and I hate that.
 
65vdub
Old
#4  
65vdub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 100
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Long Beach
Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub View Post
Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk


Pic related, it's very minimal and less intrusive. That's the slim kat recent apps menu.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
rrrrrrredbelly
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 392
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub View Post
I'd honestly recommend slimkat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
+1


Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rrrrrrredbelly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
madsquabbles
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 250
Posts: 1,685
Join Date: Jan 2009
i've been using this google play dev edition rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643031

it's got the goodness of AOSP with the advantage of not having to build drivers from scratch. it's freaky how badly TW slows down the entire phone!
 
jpcalhoun
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 255
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalh View Post
Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.
I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ecl...ild07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.
 
saul1991
Old
#8  
saul1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 1,020
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ecl...ild07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Is it tw based or aosp???



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
jpcalhoun
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 255
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
Is it tw based or aosp???



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's TW with an AOSP feel.
 
TheCrowing
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
Is it tw based or aosp???



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's really fast too, much better than the normal Samsung bloat. The only problem i have with it is that the notifications appear to be in the reverse order. Newer items appear on top.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...