Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Im on MDK, help deciding new rom.

Tip us?

Jalh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Im on MDK, help deciding new rom.

Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.

65vdub
Old
Thanks Meter 34
What ROM are you running right now? I went from jrkruse's stock touchwiz ROM, to cm11, and am currently on slimkat 4.4.2 weekly 3.4 build

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jalh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm on a rooted stock tw ROM with android version 4.2.2. I can't stand the bloated ROM from Samsung anymore. some apps lag and I hate that.

65vdub
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub View Post
Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

Pic related, it's very minimal and less intrusive. That's the slim kat recent apps menu.

rrrrrrredbelly
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub View Post
I'd honestly recommend slimkat.

+1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rrrrrrredbelly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madsquabbles
Old
Thanks Meter 250
i've been using this google play dev edition rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643031

it's got the goodness of AOSP with the advantage of not having to build drivers from scratch. it's freaky how badly TW slows down the entire phone!

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalh View Post
Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.
I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ecl...ild07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.

saul1991
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ecl...ild07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Is it tw based or aosp???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post

It's TW with an AOSP feel.

TheCrowing
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post

It's really fast too, much better than the normal Samsung bloat. The only problem i have with it is that the notifications appear to be in the reverse order. Newer items appear on top.