Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why the MTK 6589 USB Vcom port disapear after 2 second?

Tip us?

Sohan_Saymum
Old
(Last edited by Sohan_Saymum; 8th March 2014 at 12:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Why the MTK 6589 USB Vcom port disapear after 2 second?

I am trying to upgrade my Canvas HD 20 Android 4.2.1. But, everytime I connect the phone with my pc, the "MTK6589 USB Vcom port" appears for only 2 second in the device manager, then it's gone. And the "Device Disconnect Sound" is played. So, I cant flash the ROM. what's going wrong? I have followed every steps in this tutorial.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2308431

I have Tried in different PCs and with different Data Cables. But same problem exists. And, I had no problem with this cable while sharing files with my pc. I used this cable for Mass Storage.
I figured that, the connection problem I have described previously is the main cause of this mess. can anyone help me out with this?????

touji
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohan_Saymum View Post
I am trying to upgrade my Canvas HD 20 Android 4.2.1. But, everytime I connect the phone with my pc, the "MTK6589 USB Vcom port" appears for only 2 second in the device manager, then it's gone. And the "Device Disconnect Sound" is played. So, I cant flash the ROM. what's going wrong? I have followed every steps in this tutorial.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2308431

I have Tried in different PCs and with different Data Cables. But same problem exists. And, I had no problem with this cable while sharing files with my pc. I used this cable for Mass Storage.
I figured that, the connection problem I have described previously is the main cause of this mess. can anyone help me out with this?????
have you tried put the battery inside and after that plugin to usb for flashtool to detect, because my phone is not detected in flashtool if its without battery inside

MT6589
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default MTK6589 connects and disconnects continuously

Quote:
Originally Posted by touji View Post
have you tried put the battery inside and after that plugin to usb for flashtool to detect, because my phone is not detected in flashtool if its without battery inside
I have same problem.