Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] soft bricked!

Tip us?

uzzo85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] soft bricked!

hi all, a friend bringed to me his gt-9505 ( italian ), the phone was rooted and has a custom rom ( slimbean), yesterday he flash the new bootloader and modem with odin to flash the omega v24, than the flash failed in recovery ( twrp), the nand restore failed too! my skills on samsung modding are not high! after i read that the new bootloader doesn't allow the downgrade, so i try to flash the stock 4.4.2 on odin, it says:

ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> __Xmit Write fail
<ID:0/004> XmitData Fail..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

any suggest? actually the phone is stuck on:
firmware upgrade encounterd an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again!

thank you in advance

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1938

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzzo85 View Post
hi all, a friend bringed to me his gt-9505 ( italian ), the phone was rooted and has a custom rom ( slimbean), yesterday he flash the new bootloader and modem with odin to flash the omega v24, than the flash failed in recovery ( twrp), the nand restore failed too! my skills on samsung modding are not high! after i read that the new bootloader doesn't allow the downgrade, so i try to flash the stock 4.4.2 on odin, it says:

firmware upgrade encounterd an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again!

thank you in advance
Hello there try a different Cable/Ports mate and then ,Pull your battery out and put it back and press and hold power+voludown in order to reach downloadmode and reflash the stock rom once again. make sure kies 3 is closed.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uzzo85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Hello there try a different Cable/Ports mate and then ,Pull your battery out and put it back and press and hold power+voludown in order to reach downloadmode and reflash the stock rom once again. make sure kies 3 is closed.
it works by changing usb ports! installed on odin latest stock 4.4.2 italian brand vodafone! thank you dude

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1938

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
it works by changing usb ports! installed on odin latest stock 4.4.2 italian brand vodafone! thank you dude
Glad that help mate . have a nice day.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

thank you in advance
This person fixed it: HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]