Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] soft bricked!

OP uzzo85

8th March 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
uzzo85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
hi all, a friend bringed to me his gt-9505 ( italian ), the phone was rooted and has a custom rom ( slimbean), yesterday he flash the new bootloader and modem with odin to flash the omega v24, than the flash failed in recovery ( twrp), the nand restore failed too! my skills on samsung modding are not high! after i read that the new bootloader doesn't allow the downgrade, so i try to flash the stock 4.4.2 on odin, it says:

ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> __Xmit Write fail
<ID:0/004> XmitData Fail..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


any suggest? actually the phone is stuck on:
firmware upgrade encounterd an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again!


thank you in advance
8th March 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
1,885 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzzo85

hi all, a friend bringed to me his gt-9505 ( italian ), the phone was rooted and has a custom rom ( slimbean), yesterday he flash the new bootloader and modem with odin to flash the omega v24, than the flash failed in recovery ( twrp), the nand restore failed too! my skills on samsung modding are not high! after i read that the new bootloader doesn't allow the downgrade, so i try to flash the stock 4.4.2 on odin, it says:

ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> __Xmit Write fail
<ID:0/004> XmitData Fail..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


any suggest? actually the phone is stuck on:
firmware upgrade encounterd an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again!


thank you in advance

Hello there try a different Cable/Ports mate and then ,Pull your battery out and put it back and press and hold power+voludown in order to reach downloadmode and reflash the stock rom once again. make sure kies 3 is closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #3  
uzzo85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Hello there try a different Cable/Ports mate and then ,Pull your battery out and put it back and press and hold power+voludown in order to reach downloadmode and reflash the stock rom once again. make sure kies 3 is closed.

it works by changing usb ports! installed on odin latest stock 4.4.2 italian brand vodafone! thank you dude
8th March 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
1,885 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzzo85

it works by changing usb ports! installed on odin latest stock 4.4.2 italian brand vodafone! thank you dude

Glad that help mate . have a nice day.
8th March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
2,094 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzzo85

hi all, a friend bringed to me his gt-9505 ( italian ), the phone was rooted and has a custom rom ( slimbean), yesterday he flash the new bootloader and modem with odin to flash the omega v24, than the flash failed in recovery ( twrp), the nand restore failed too! my skills on samsung modding are not high! after i read that the new bootloader doesn't allow the downgrade, so i try to flash the stock 4.4.2 on odin, it says:

ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> __Xmit Write fail
<ID:0/004> XmitData Fail..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


any suggest? actually the phone is stuck on:
firmware upgrade encounterd an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again!


thank you in advance

This person fixed it: HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes