Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,984 Members 47,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help me fix my wifi problem

Tip us?

abhisjekjsr2009
Old
(Last edited by abhisjekjsr2009; 8th March 2014 at 04:12 PM.) Reason: some text missing
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] help me fix my wifi problem

someone pls help me my wifi is NOT turning on when i chek my wifi on its says ERROR and also my wifi mac address is not shown ,i am facing this problem after installing cwm recovery .my device is sony ericson live with walkman wt19i.
thank in advance........

slogger001
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Smile flash

first backup all ur data and do a soft reset if not do a factory reset at last still not working flash original .ftf firmware files from flastool,,hit thanks if it helps u,,
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andronath
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Flash rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001 View Post
first backup all ur data and do a soft reset if not do a factory reset at last still not working flash original .ftf firmware files from flastool,,hit thanks if it helps u,,
this is not a good idea to flash phone for such a this type of prob. i am facing same prob but not getting the right solution. I hope i will get soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to andronath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slogger001
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Wink hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andronath View Post
this is not a good idea to flash phone for such a this type of prob. i am facing same prob but not getting the right solution. I hope i will get soon.
look I'm saying that flashing is a last option if soft and hard reset work if u give ur phone to service center they will do this also ,but if u don't want to flash u can use Sony update service
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bejunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisjekjsr2009 View Post
someone pls help me my wifi is NOT turning on when i chek my wifi on its says ERROR and also my wifi mac address is not shown ,i am facing this problem after installing cwm recovery .my device is sony ericson live with walkman wt19i.
thank in advance........
Quote:
to you both:

what rom??
what kernel??

without this info we cant help u.

mostly ur problem is: wrong kernel OR on ics mosttimes: forget wifi modules for custom kernel...
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...

The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhisjekjsr2009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post wifi related problem

hey gys can anyone tell me how to fix this problem,
actually my wifi is not working and i want to flash a official rom(2.3.4 gb) but when ever i connect my mobile with usb in fast mode the flashtool give meesege that ur device is connect in fastboot mode but after 1 min. it's disconnect itself and says connect ur device .....so what to do for this ......
and i have already install adb &fastboot driver from flash tool>driver......

andronath
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Rom and Kernel Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
to you both:

what rom??
what kernel??

without this info we cant help u.

mostly ur problem is: wrong kernel OR on ics mosttimes: forget wifi modules for custom kernel...
Hi bejunk,

Mine phone is a chines mtk series and its rom is 4.2.2; kernel version is 3.4.5 (kphone@ces00362#1)
The Following User Says Thank You to andronath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bejunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
hey gys can anyone tell me how to fix this problem,
actually my wifi is not working and i want to flash a official rom(2.3.4 gb) but when ever i connect my mobile with usb in fast mode the flashtool give meesege that ur device is connect in fastboot mode but after 1 min. it's disconnect itself and says connect ur device .....so what to do for this ......
and i have already install adb &fastboot driver from flash tool>driver......
do it like this: 1. prepare all stuff in flashtool (rom etc). UNTIL it says (shows) to connect ur phone. power off phone. now u need to connect it with FLASHMODE (green led lit) , NOT FASTBOOT MODE (blue led), to d so HOLD vol down PRESSED while connecting to pc. NOTE: on other phones models it canm be a other botton to press use google to find out, as example on a arc its the menu button.
Quote:
Hi bejunk,

Mine phone is a chines mtk series and its rom is 4.2.2; kernel version is 3.4.5 (kphone@ces00362#1)
uhhm, sry but now i cant help you , but i really want.. the problem is i have no experience of this device, also i guess you installed a custom rom for ur device. at best 1st: check on your romthread/site if wifi is fixed there. secondly if no fix, post a message to the dev of your rom. like said cant help even if i want. may u need a specific kernel for your rom to get wifi work, so better check your rom thread. sry
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...

Simo1499
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
thank in advance........
try to change kernel or flash wifi modules

abhisjekjsr2009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post wifi problem

from where do i get wifi module pls give me the link.....
thanks