Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 4.4.2 root help!

OP CCSUBlackhawk

9th March 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or if there is already a thread about this. If there is, I couldn't find it. I really want to root my phone to use it as a mobile wifi hotspot for my tablet and I am having a really hard time trying to find a link to a forum or a youtube video about how to root my phone. So far, I have only found root tutorials for models other than mine. Do I just have an obscure phone model or is it just more difficult to root? I have wanted to do this for quite some time now so any help is appreciated!
9th March 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 234

323 posts
Donate to Me
More
4.4.2 is a new release so currently there is not a root method. As of my last reading there is some significant progress in finding a root method. This is definitely not an obscure phone model. Just a brand new update that developers are still working to root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CAG-man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG-man

4.4.2 is a new release so currently there is not a root method. As of my last reading there is some significant progress in finding a root method. This is definitely not an obscure phone model. Just a brand new update that developers are still working to root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, hopefully there will be soon!
15th March 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,906

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSUBlackhawk

Thanks, hopefully there will be soon!

@CCSUBlackhawk actually there is work around method to get root and install custom 4.4 rom.... Follow my thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 and Check our Deadly Venom kitkat magic tool thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680868 also if u want to install pre rooted 4.4 custom rom.......here's the first two 4.4 custom that able to boot using Our kitkat magic tool.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51088546 ....Goodluck. ....PM me if you have any question or need more help.....[emoji106]

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
Last edited by ted77usa; 15th March 2014 at 06:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 236

1,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa

@CCSUBlackhawk actually there is work around method to get root and install custom 4.4 rom.... Follow my thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 and Check our Deadly Venom kitkat magic tool thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680868 also if u want to install pre rooted 4.4 custom rom.......here's the first two 4.4 custom that able to boot using Our kitkat magic tool.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51088546 ....Goodluck. ....PM me if you have any question or need more help.....[emoji106]

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

Is there any workaround for this, as this seems like a pain not being able to mount system in recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 644

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Is there any workaround for this, as this seems like a pain not being able to mount system in recovery.

This is the only option. All you have to do to mount system is a quick flash of one package in ODIN, and then you just have to do another ODIN after you finish flashing in recovery. It's not that bad really.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

105 posts
More
Great. The wifi is fixed and now I need to unlock the sim. I got the region unlock app installed but when I run it it says something about the csc file. I have read I need to flash the csc file through Odin but will I not lose everything (downgrade, root, fixed wifi) after I do so? Please advise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
3rd April 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

105 posts
More
I'd appreciate if whoever tries to help to read my post carefully. It is frustrating having to repeat myself over and over. Again, I am getting error with csc file not in place. I NEED the csc file and how come the link to the file is not in the first post?? If I flash it through Odin, will I lose the root?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
7th April 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #9  

27 posts
Lightbulb After a successful downgrade from nb1 to mk2...
I am running a semi-working MK2 and after flashing the bypass via safestrap to get the wifi working, will I be able to flash a custom rom such as Cyanogenmod or any other stock Android rom if that?
7th April 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,784

10,831 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewokiscool

I am running a semi-working MK2 and after flashing the bypass via safestrap to get the wifi working, will I be able to flash a custom rom such as Cyanogenmod or any other stock Android rom if that?

No, tw based roms only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread