Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Full phone backup in twrp...

Tip us?

Norside
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Default [Q] Full phone backup in twrp...

Hello aigan, I have taken a backup of my phone, but I didn't have enough space to take a backup of my data which was on whopping 3,2 gb (data only!) The total backupsize with data was on 6(!) gb! And I didn't have enough space to take a backup of that...So, what do I lose if I backup a backup with just system, boot, and recovery, and not data? Do I loose all my pictures, apps etc?

And, how to I delete backups from twrp?

Might be some noob questions,but I want to ensure what I am doing
"LG D802 with different custom roms!"
Changing roms too fast these days.....
Powered by dorimanx kernel 5+

WolfmanJack
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norside View Post
Hello aigan, I have taken a backup of my phone, but I didn't have enough space to take a backup of my data which was on whopping 3,2 gb (data only!) The total backupsize with data was on 6(!) gb! And I didn't have enough space to take a backup of that...So, what do I lose if I backup a backup with just system, boot, and recovery, and not data? Do I loose all my pictures, apps etc?

If you do not backup your data then yes you will lose apps, pictures, ringtones, contacts etc. I back my contacts and apps up via my gmail acct. as far as pictures, ringtones and things like that I would look into slimming down by dropping the ones you don't use onto your computer or a cloud storage system if you want constant access to them but do not want them taking up the space on your phone.

in order to delete backups from TWRP you can use either a root file browser such as Root Browser to locate the backup (sdcard0/twrp/backups/[name of backup folder]) or plug the phone into your computer and go into you internal storage then locate the TWRP folder and delete that way. Oh one more way... Under the advanced tab in TWRP you can select file manager and locate the folder and delete that way as well.
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfmanJack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

findinghomer
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm wondering if you use google play music, and have pinned a lot of music to your phone? If so ..... That is a huge chunk of your "data" No need to back that up, it's already in the cloud.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norside View Post

Schindler069
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer View Post
I'm wondering if you use google play music, and have pinned a lot of music to your phone? If so ..... That is a huge chunk of your "data" No need to back that up, it's already in the cloud.
I would question that too. My backups are around 2 gigs and i have like 220+ Apps installed. So you should maybe backup you media (photos,music,...) differently.
Main Device:
LG G2 D802 32GB [CM11 M4+Furnace 1.7.2]

Other Devices:
Nexus 7 2013 32GB
LG Optimus G Pro 16GB E986
Samsung Galaxy S II