Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What happens when you don't game or download with a loaded phone? This.

Tip us?

dladz
Old
(Last edited by dladz; 9th March 2014 at 11:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Default What happens when you don't game or download with a loaded phone? This.

Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

However, if I was to play some music, games, videos/movies.

My battery would be dead within the day.

So top tip. If you want your phone to last more than a day! Don't play games.

10 hours 58 mins. With 58% left

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5

negrobembon
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

Bad advice

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to negrobembon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidDan
Old
Thanks Meter 43
My opinion is you get what you get out of the battety depending on your usage so if you use the phone heavy expect it die on you if not well the battery should last ages then(not literally)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Phones:
Xperia X8 ROM: GingerDx Status: Dead
Xperia Play ROM: Reverted Back to Stock Status: Working But used as Spare.
Galaxy S3 ROM: Revolt 4.3 Status: Dead (Swapped)
Xperia Z ROM: Stock Unrooted Locked Boot-loader Status: Traded In
Xperia Z1 Rom Stock Un-rooted Bl Locked Status: In Use

negrobembon
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDan View Post
My opinion is you get what you get out of the battety depending on your usage so if you use the phone heavy expect it die on you if not well the battery should last ages then(not literally)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Exactly!, battery use depends on what you do with the phone, if you do nothing with it then of course its going to last a lot

Also imagine if you have to sacrifice all use, features and games with a 3000mah phone, then iphone users shouldn't even bother

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon View Post
Exactly!, battery use depends on what you do with the phone, if you do nothing with it then of course its going to last a lot

Also imagine if you have to sacrifice all use, features and games with a 3000mah phone, then iphone users shouldn't even bother

The point is, if you use your phone for what a phone is for, making calls and texts then it'll last, the only thing i didn't do was play a game, that's it.

Battery has lasted ages, i'm still on the same charge, theres no bad advice about it it's just a fact.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5

Don_Perrignon
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
The point is, if you use your phone for what a phone is for, making calls and texts then it'll last, the only thing i didn't do was play a game, that's it.

Battery has lasted ages, i'm still on the same charge, theres no bad advice about it it's just a fact.
That's just common sense, bro.
Phone History

Samsung C225, Samsung T309, Nokia (¿Something?),
HTC Dash 3G, Nokia E73,
HTC MyTouch 4G, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Sony Xperia Z1s (current)

Tablet History

Nexus 7 2013 (current)
The Following User Says Thank You to Don_Perrignon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neotarum
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:

Even better - try leaving your phone switched off! Battery lasts for....a very long time. The downside is, you don't get to use the phone...

Sorry if I come across rude, but you are stating the obvious, aren't you???
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neotarum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dagrim1
Old
Thanks Meter 190
lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dagrim1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dladz
Old
(Last edited by dladz; 10th March 2014 at 12:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrim1 View Post
lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.
Not all phones drain quickly when used for playing games, especially light games.

Point i'm making here is that any kind of remotely intensive cpu usage simply kills the battery on the z1, it's like it's going at full chat for no reason, i think it could be managed better on a kernel level that's all.

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
1 day 11minutes, 20% left.

Made a tonne of calls, played music, messaging, no games.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe