Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[solved] Continious scrolling of home screens suddenly stopped.

Tip us?

oy-ster
Old
(Last edited by oy-ster; 3rd April 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [solved] Continious scrolling of home screens suddenly stopped.

Hi,
Up until several days ago/yesterday you could scroll through the home screens in a circular manner( ie swiping the finger in one direction while the last screen would be replaced by the first one). Now all the sudden I see that my screens are like between two walls, when you reach the right or the left end you can't continiue further.

What happened? Is this some change in the settings someone made accidentally?
I've been through them and I see none....

Android 4.1.2.

Thank you!

oy-ster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
up

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,225

DONATE TO ME
Launchers are different for each Android version, each OEM and we have tons of custom launchers on Google Play and on XDA...
So it would be helpful if you could mention the launcher you are using.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oy-ster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
Launchers are different for each Android version, each OEM and we have tons of custom launchers on Google Play and on XDA...
So it would be helpful if you could mention the launcher you are using.
Uhhh... you got me there. I thought it would be a piece of cake, simply go to the manufacturer website, look at the name of his firmware for your phone andthere you go- but no, apparently you can't download the firmware from LGs official site.

All I can say is that the android version is 4.1.2, and the phone is the phone is LII p710.

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oy-ster View Post
Uhhh... you got me there. I thought it would be a piece of cake, simply go to the manufacturer website, look at the name of his firmware for your phone andthere you go- but no, apparently you can't download the firmware from LGs official site.

All I can say is that the android version is 4.1.2, and the phone is the phone is LII p710.
LG's launcher app isn't available in your drawer? If threre's no setting to modify the scrolling I think you should take a look at another launcher like Nova.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oy-ster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
LG's launcher app isn't available in your drawer? If threre's no setting to modify the scrolling I think you should take a look at another launcher like Nova.
Thank you.
I haven't actually found any native launcher app that came with the device, but your message prompted me to revisit all of the settings again and I found one that I could swear was not there previously, it is called "Scroll screen circularly", eponymously enough...XD

Anyway problem solved, thx!