Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Are my phone is still under warranty?

Tip us?

xxjack3dxx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Are my phone is still under warranty?

Hi everybody. I recently buy my note 3 from someone who sell it on internet. That person tell me that the phone is new and that he got only one day use. I have the box, all the accessory and I also got the bill.

When I go into download mode, I can see that the Knox Warranty Void is 0x1. Does it means that my phone have been rooted (because I don't see no trace of root) and also I want to know if my phone is still under warranty?

Thank you

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm from Quebec and i'm working hard to be billingual

swagatsourav
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjack3dxx View Post
Hi everybody. I recently buy my note 3 from someone who sell it on internet. That person tell me that the phone is new and that he got only one day use. I have the box, all the accessory and I also got the bill.

When I go into download mode, I can see that the Knox Warranty Void is 0x1. Does it means that my phone have been rooted (because I don't see no trace of root) and also I want to know if my phone is still under warranty?

Thank you

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm from Quebec and i'm working hard to be billingual
KNOX is 0x1 ideally means your warranty is now void. The phone might have been rooted before, and before selling it to you, he had re flashed the stock rom.

Another way of getting the KNOX 0x1 is by flashing a custom recovery like CWM or PHILZ recovery.

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:

Thank you

u void warranty cause knox is 0x1

xsamedgex24x
Old
Thanks Meter 28
C'est pas cool que le gars qui t'a vendu le note 3 n'ai pas mentionné qu'il avait été rooté...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
GALAXY S5

xxjack3dxx
Old
(Last edited by xxjack3dxx; 10th March 2014 at 08:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
There is a way to return to 0x0? And there is another thing that can cause the 0x1

Il y a t'il une façon de revenir à 0? Et ya t'il autre chose qui peut causer ça?

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 924

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
There is a way to return to 0x0? And there is another thing that can cause the 0x1

Il y a t'il une façon de revenir à 0? Et ya t'il autre chose qui peut causer ça?
No not yet. Only attempt of rooting, flashing unauthorized files in Odin, flashing custom recovery or custom kernel will trip KNOX 0x1.

Sent from my fingers to your face using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
tba, tba, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II