[Q] Are my phone is still under warranty?

10th March 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

92 posts
Hi everybody. I recently buy my note 3 from someone who sell it on internet. That person tell me that the phone is new and that he got only one day use. I have the box, all the accessory and I also got the bill.

When I go into download mode, I can see that the Knox Warranty Void is 0x1. Does it means that my phone have been rooted (because I don't see no trace of root) and also I want to know if my phone is still under warranty?

Thank you

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm from Quebec and i'm working hard to be billingual
10th March 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

337 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjack3dxx

Hi everybody. I recently buy my note 3 from someone who sell it on internet. That person tell me that the phone is new and that he got only one day use. I have the box, all the accessory and I also got the bill.

When I go into download mode, I can see that the Knox Warranty Void is 0x1. Does it means that my phone have been rooted (because I don't see no trace of root) and also I want to know if my phone is still under warranty?

Thank you

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm from Quebec and i'm working hard to be billingual

KNOX is 0x1 ideally means your warranty is now void. The phone might have been rooted before, and before selling it to you, he had re flashed the stock rom.

Another way of getting the KNOX 0x1 is by flashing a custom recovery like CWM or PHILZ recovery.
10th March 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag HCMC
Thanks Meter: 32

190 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you

u void warranty cause knox is 0x1
10th March 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #4  
canada
Thanks Meter: 28

130 posts
More
C'est pas cool que le gars qui t'a vendu le note 3 n'ai pas mentionnÚ qu'il avait ÚtÚ rootÚ...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
10th March 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

92 posts
There is a way to return to 0x0? And there is another thing that can cause the 0x1

Il y a t'il une fašon de revenir Ó 0? Et ya t'il autre chose qui peut causer ša?
Last edited by xxjack3dxx; 10th March 2014 at 08:14 PM.
11th March 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,150

1,795 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is a way to return to 0x0? And there is another thing that can cause the 0x1

Il y a t'il une fašon de revenir Ó 0? Et ya t'il autre chose qui peut causer ša?

No not yet. Only attempt of rooting, flashing unauthorized files in Odin, flashing custom recovery or custom kernel will trip KNOX 0x1.

Sent from my fingers to your face using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread