Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] T-Mobile rom on Verizon VS980?

Tip us?

preachtru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [HELP] T-Mobile rom on Verizon VS980?

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. Currently I have NamelessROM installed but I can't get LTE, only HSPA+. I tried ParanoidAndroid and could get LTE, but it was extremely spotty and the cell connection went in and out a lot.

So I'm now trying to find a T-Mobile ROM that will work on my Verizon VS980 (or another ROM) that will let me get LTE AND good cell service. I saw this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606868) but everyone is saying the zip is corrupt and can't be flashed. I've tried searching and have read through numerous threads, but I'm not any further along in finding what I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ddarvish
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by preachtru View Post
I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. Currently I have NamelessROM installed but I can't get LTE, only HSPA+. I tried ParanoidAndroid and could get LTE, but it was extremely spotty and the cell connection went in and out a lot.

So I'm now trying to find a T-Mobile ROM that will work on my Verizon VS980 (or another ROM) that will let me get LTE AND good cell service. I saw this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606868) but everyone is saying the zip is corrupt and can't be flashed. I've tried searching and have read through numerous threads, but I'm not any further along in finding what I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
did you make any progress on this front? i would like to do the same thing as yourself!

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarvish View Post
did you make any progress on this front? i would like to do the same thing as yourself!
Any update on this? I would like to do the same on my device/...

chrisbernal16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
still nothing on this? Im trying to find the answer? or if youu guys found the answer please!

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 464
You can try doing this.
What I would do is get cloudystock rom and unzip it. Inside of it you will see a folder named variant. Get copy all those files from your variant folder and paste/replace on a tmobile rom with 7zip.
There you will have a tmobile rom with all the requirements from your model to work.
Let me know if this helps. Good luck
IF I HELP YOU AND IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
<===============