Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] tf300t OmniRom kitkat 4.4.2 Always Fail

Tip us?
 
thor1022
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 38
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: worcester
Question [Q] tf300t OmniRom kitkat 4.4.2 Always Fail

I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

I always factory wipe then cache and dalvik cache wipe
then try to install any zip and they all fail.

Please help.
 
brewmeister
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1022 View Post
I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

I always factory wipe then cache and dalvik cache wipe
then try to install any zip and they all fail.

Please help.
twrp 2.6.3.2
 
krash1256
Old
#3  
krash1256's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 239
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1022 View Post
I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

I always factory wipe then cache and dalvik cache wipe
then try to install any zip and they all fail.

Please help.
Did you at least read the first page of the thread?

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:

Boot into recovery and flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 ZIP
Reboot the tablet into the old ROM
Reboot into recovery again
Do a factory reset / full wipe
Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM
 
thor1022
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 38
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: worcester
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash1256 View Post
Did you at least read the first page of the thread?

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:

Boot into recovery and flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 ZIP
Reboot the tablet into the old ROM
Reboot into recovery again
Do a factory reset / full wipe
Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

I did. I have searched everywhere for TWRP 2.6.3.1 and 2.6.3.2 for the TF300T and i cant find it. 10+ hours. Do i have to download it for a different Model such as the TF700T? TWRP its self only lists 2.6.3.0 for the TF300T.
 
krash1256
Old
#5  
krash1256's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 239
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1022 View Post
I did. I have searched everywhere for TWRP 2.6.3.1 and 2.6.3.2 for the TF300T and i cant find it. 10+ hours. Do i have to download it for a different Model such as the TF700T? TWRP its self only lists 2.6.3.0 for the TF300T.
You couldn't have because it's right there on the first page. It's 2.6.3.2 instead of 2.6.3.1 but either one will work.

Downloads
Below are the files you need for flashing OmniROM:

TWRP 2.6.3.2 for KitKat: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407569892
The latest nightly build: http://dl.omnirom.org/tf300t/ (or my homebuild version, see second post)
BaNkS GApps http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2
SuperSU from Chainfire: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407569892
 
thor1022
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 38
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: worcester
I have downloaded those files 5 times and the zip file for TWRP fails every time i try to install it with TWRP 2.6.3.0
 
krash1256
Old
#7  
krash1256's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 239
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1022 View Post
I have downloaded those files 5 times and the zip file for TWRP fails every time i try to install it with TWRP 2.6.3.0
Can you open the TWRP 2.6.3.2 zip file on your PC before you copy it to your tablet? If you open it and get errors then the file might be corrupt, if it opens correctly then that's not the problem. Are you doing this in Windows? If you do get errors when trying to open the zip try downloading it again to a different place on Windows. I don't know how many times I have downloaded a zip file more than once and Windows always finds it corrupt. Then try opening it again. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more

CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more