Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues after updating to kitkat

Tip us?
 
drocksmash
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 80
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Issues after updating to kitkat

Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.
 
drocksmash
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 80
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.
update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?
 
drocksmash
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 80
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?
I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.
 
louforgiveno
Old
#4  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 487
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.
idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...
"I was looking back to see, If she was looking back to see, If I was looking back at her"
 
drocksmash
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 80
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno View Post
idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...



I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.
 
BACARDILIMON
Old
#6  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 777
Posts: 2,685
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MASTIC BEACH NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.
Your phone had a hiccup. Not a hardware issue. It happened from time to time. It self fixed itself when it got caught up.



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Twik Keeps Your Accounts Secure with Randomly Generated Passwords

If youre one of thosewho find it just an impossible task to keep trackof … more

Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more