Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Issues after updating to kitkat

OP drocksmash

10th March 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

80 posts
Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.
10th March 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash

Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.

update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?
11th March 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

80 posts
Quote:

update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?

I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.
11th March 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,624 posts
Quote:

I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.

idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...
11th March 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno

idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...

I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.
11th March 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #6  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,299

3,868 posts
More
Quote:

I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.

Your phone had a hiccup. Not a hardware issue. It happened from time to time. It self fixed itself when it got caught up.

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread