Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,025 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xperia z1 compact on wind mobile

Tip us?

HackitZ
Old
(Last edited by HackitZ; 10th March 2014 at 11:10 PM.) Reason: changed question
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Default xperia z1 compact on wind mobile

Is anyone here using the xperia z1 compact on wind mobile ion canada?

Thanks
Do anything long enough and sooner or later thats who you will become!

hol17
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackitZ View Post
Is anyone here using the xperia z1 compact on wind mobile ion canada?

Thanks
I am and it is working beautifully You need to setup the APNs manually but other than that, just threw in the SIM card and it started working.

Sent from my Z1 Compact
HTC Magic (G1) >> Galaxy S >> Galaxy Nexus >> Nexus 4 >> Z1 Compact

[ROM]: RomAur v3.0
[KERNEL]: DooMKernel v17

HackitZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hol17 View Post
I am and it is working beautifully You need to setup the APNs manually but other than that, just threw in the SIM card and it started working.

Sent from my Z1 Compact
cool what rom you using?, or stock?

hol17
Old
(Last edited by hol17; 10th March 2014 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
cool what rom you using?, or stock?
Rooted stock. I recommend rooting just to disable "fast dormancy" as Wind Mobile does not support it:

There are no ROMs out there that makes me want to unlock my bootloader just yet. Right now with the stock firmware, I am super happy. I came from a Nexus 4 that was on Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 ROM.

HackitZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Yeah dev section is slow, i'm considering cooking up a rom. i already have my base. and some mods done, modding xml on android 4.3 is a pain. so until i can edit the colors in the xml's i'm not going to share.

you like wind?

hol17
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Yeah dev section is slow, i'm considering cooking up a rom. i already have my base. and some mods done, modding xml on android 4.3 is a pain. so until i can edit the colors in the xml's i'm not going to share.

you like wind?
I don't travel much out of the city so for my use, it is perfect. I love the plans and for what they cost, I save a ton per month. There are some places that the signal isn't the best and compared to the bigger guys, you are not getting signal in the deep woods or country but I'd rather have infinite data, talk, and data for less.

I used to be on Bell and I loved the signal strength but for $65/month with 500mb of data and "unlimited text" (which for me was just 2500 texts incoming and outgoing), I got fed up. Wind is great for what I need and I would never go back to the "big three" ever.

Sent from my Z1 Compact

necr0manser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hol17 View Post

Sent from my Z1 Compact
I'm thinking now about buying this phone from ebay, but the seller doesn't specify the aws frequencies. I need to know does it have aws 1700/2100 (wind) frequencyexaclty. Could you please confirm it.
Sorry for ressurecting this dead thread

hol17
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by necr0manser View Post
I'm thinking now about buying this phone from ebay, but the seller doesn't specify the aws frequencies. I need to know does it have aws 1700/2100 (wind) frequencyexaclty. Could you please confirm it.
Sorry for ressurecting this dead thread

Works on Wind 100%. Screenshot above just for some further proof

Could you post the eBay link you using? Could double check it.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

necr0manser
Old
(Last edited by necr0manser; 11th May 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Could you post the eBay link you using? Could double check it.

I can't put a link because I'm new. Delete the space inside it - ebay.ca/itm/Sony-XPERIA-Z1-Compact- [HERE] D5503-Black-QuadCore-2GBRAM-20-7MP-Android-Phone-By-FedEx-/331132834464?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4d190e12a0
I would appreciate if you could double check it, thanks. Quite strange that such a great phone with powerful processor and a lot of ram doesn't sell in Canada (at least in Edmonton). Looks like its the same model you are using.
BTW, what do you think about the upcoming update of this phone; will it be worth $700? I don't think the price for z1 would be lower than on this link when it's released.
P.S. And what are those APN's and how to setup them?

hol17
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by necr0manser View Post
I can't put a link because I'm new. Delete the space inside it - ebay.ca/itm/Sony-XPERIA-Z1-Compact- [HERE] D5503-Black-QuadCore-2GBRAM-20-7MP-Android-Phone-By-FedEx-/331132834464?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4d190e12a0
I would appreciate if you could double check it, thanks. Quite strange that such a great phone with powerful processor and a lot of ram doesn't sell in Canada (at least in Edmonton). Looks like its the same model you are using.
BTW, what do you think about the upcoming update of this phone; will it be worth $700? I don't think the price for z1 would be lower than on this link when it's released.
P.S. And what are those APN's and how to setup them?
Looks to be the same. You can wait if you'd like but honestly, you probably won't see a big difference. We have reached a plateau in speed right now and you can't go wrong with this phone. It is the best phone I've owned. I used my girlfriends LG G2 for a bit when I was waiting for the Z1c and I like it but the Z1c is better IMO.

For the Wind APNs, you can go here for the info: