FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have an Asian version of One which is S-ON but rooted (Tampered and unlocked) with Clockwork Mod Recovery v6.0.4.6.
HBoot 1.55.0000 current os 3.63.707.4 the phone has downloaded software update 4.20.707.7 (330.06MB)

It keeps asking to install. When I say yes the phone enters recovery but there are a number of errors one of which is 'can't mount internal' but they fly by so quickly that I can't read them.The phone will then re-boot.

I'd very much like to update but I am loathe to unroot - besides I don't trust myself not to brick it.
Failing that could I simply delete the OTA files and thus do away with the install now/ later menu?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
10th March 2014, 08:40 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricequeen4u

I have an Asian version of One which is S-ON but rooted (Tampered and unlocked) with Clockwork Mod Recovery v6.0.4.6.
HBoot 1.55.0000 current os 3.63.707.4 the phone has downloaded software update 4.20.707.7 (330.06MB)

It keeps asking to install. When I say yes the phone enters recovery but there are a number of errors one of which is 'can't mount internal' but they fly by so quickly that I can't read them.The phone will then re-boot.

I'd very much like to update but I am loathe to unroot - besides I don't trust myself not to brick it.
Failing that could I simply delete the OTA files and thus do away with the install now/ later menu?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

You need to flash stock recovery for 3.63.x.x version for the ota to work, unlocked is OK
11th March 2014, 10:35 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
[QUOTE=mb_guy;50979947]You need to flash stock recovery for 3.63.x.x version for the ota to work, unlocked is OK[/QI

I did as you suggested and now the phone is stuck on the HTC one beats audio page????
11th March 2014, 03:58 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
[QUOTE=ricequeen4u;50994173]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

You need to flash stock recovery for 3.63.x.x version for the ota to work, unlocked is OK[/QI

I did as you suggested and now the phone is stuck on the HTC one beats audio page????

So the OTA update installed? But stops on the final reboot?
11th March 2014, 04:21 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
[QUOTE=mb_guy;51000505]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricequeen4u


So the OTA update installed? But stops on the final reboot?

No it didn't install (stopped halfway through) and yes, stops on final reboot.
Recovery is either a black screen or locks on 'entering recovery'
Is it bound for HTC for repair?
11th March 2014, 04:26 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
[QUOTE=ricequeen4u;51001121]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy


No it didn't install (stopped halfway through) and yes, stops on final reboot.
Recovery is either a black screen or locks on 'entering recovery'
Is it bound for HTC for repair?

What do you see in recovery when it starts to install the ota? What version recovery did you flash?
No need for HTC repair
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ota, root
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes