Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to Flash any ROM

Tip us?
 
masterpilot327
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Unable to Flash any ROM

Hello all,

I haven't had this issue before, which is odd, because I have been using the same rooting techniques/rom/cwm/phone for a while, and former tech support employee. I simply can not install any rom. After it installs, it reboots and either stays on the samsung screen or sits on the samsung screen for a while and then goes back to cwm. I have tried reformatting my sd card. I have successfully used odin back to 2.1, upgrade to 2.2, root using one click (I have never tried to root on 2.3). Then upgrade cwm to 5.0.2.7 and the problem starts all over again. Any ideas? Please and thank you.
 
masterpilot327
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Bump
 
BillyBob3
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 244
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpilot327 View Post
Hello all,

I haven't had this issue before, which is odd, because I have been using the same rooting techniques/rom/cwm/phone for a while, and former tech support employee. I simply can not install any rom. After it installs, it reboots and either stays on the samsung screen or sits on the samsung screen for a while and then goes back to cwm. I have tried reformatting my sd card. I have successfully used odin back to 2.1, upgrade to 2.2, root using one click (I have never tried to root on 2.3). Then upgrade cwm to 5.0.2.7 and the problem starts all over again. Any ideas? Please and thank you.
Have you tried using odin to load the pre rooted stock rom found here on the epic4g forum somewhere? From there, you can boot into CWM and install any rom you want. CWM will automatically be upgraded with the rom you install.

Formatting your sd wont do anything for you. I think the problem you are having is trying to install cwm using one click. One of the newer OTA releases over-writes this and puts back the stock sprint recovery.
 
masterpilot327
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob3 View Post
Have you tried using odin to load the pre rooted stock rom found here on the epic4g forum somewhere? From there, you can boot into CWM and install any rom you want. CWM will automatically be upgraded with the rom you install.

Formatting your sd wont do anything for you. I think the problem you are having is trying to install cwm using one click. One of the newer OTA releases over-writes this and puts back the stock sprint recovery.
I know one click has an old (green) version of cwm but I update it via a zip file afterwords. I have tried to install the ROM before updating CWM as well.

I am starting to recall there were different version of Froyo e.g. DK28 and EC05 but I don't understand what my issue is because right now my device is sitting on CWM 5.0.2.7 and it actually goes through the installation procedure it just doesn't boot to it post installation.
 
KennyG123
Old
#5  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,170
Posts: 28,061
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Right behind you!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpilot327 View Post
Hello all,

I haven't had this issue before, which is odd, because I have been using the same rooting techniques/rom/cwm/phone for a while, and former tech support employee. I simply can not install any rom. After it installs, it reboots and either stays on the samsung screen or sits on the samsung screen for a while and then goes back to cwm. I have tried reformatting my sd card. I have successfully used odin back to 2.1, upgrade to 2.2, root using one click (I have never tried to root on 2.3). Then upgrade cwm to 5.0.2.7 and the problem starts all over again. Any ideas? Please and thank you.
Have you tried following this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2006687?

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
 
masterpilot327
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
So I am still having a problem. Today I received my replacement device from Sprint. Exact same issue.

Originally the ROM was installed on my device, and I was getting some force close errors, so I ran "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and reinstalled the ROM. It just sits on the Samsung logo for a while and then boots back to CWM.

So here we are again.

I ODIN flashed to Android 2.1, OTA update to 2.2, OneClickRootCWM3.1.0.1-EC05.zip to root, install CWM v. 5.0.2.7, and wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and install the ROM and stuck on Samsung logo again. I am going to cry. I need my hotspot back and all my custom stuff.

What on earth am I doing wrong?
 
masterpilot327
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123 View Post
Have you tried following this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2006687?
I am getting ready to try this with the "FC09 BML Deodexed Prerooted Stock ROM"
 
masterpilot327
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpilot327 View Post
I am getting ready to try this with the "FC09 BML Deodexed Prerooted Stock ROM"
Yea I don't understand what the deal is I have CWM installed it just boot loops back to CWM.
 
KennyG123
Old
#9  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,170
Posts: 28,061
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Right behind you!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpilot327 View Post
Yea I don't understand what the deal is I have CWM installed it just boot loops back to CWM.
What were the steps you did to root and get recovery on? It sounds like it might be a bad download.

You can also try this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1588683

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more