Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Keeps crashing

Tip us?

shanrisy
Old
(Last edited by shanrisy; 12th March 2014 at 10:15 PM.) Reason: Forgot to add something more.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Keeps crashing

Hello everyone, this is my first thread. I'm really in a trouble with my Samsung Galaxy Mini S5770.

Look I've rooted my android phone, and I was trying to increase the performance of my phone. I used this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1309802 ) to increase the performance, I almost did everything I just needed to do final step which was to add lines, as you can go to that thread and look. I copied some files to my phone storage here /system/lib/hw , as it was instructed in that thread.

As I didn't complete the whole procedure because I had to deal with some work, and then after an hour I check my phone so it was off, I turned it on, so it come to home screen and after every 20 seconds it gets back to home screen closing every apps, first it will be black screen for 2 seconds then again to home screen, like the phone is being restarted/rebooted, but it will come direct to home screen after black screen, it happens every 20 seconds, I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME !!! It's only a phone I've now. I want it badly alive and working as normal.

For your kind information, I tried hard reset/wiping all data, but still the same result, it keeps crashing the whole system of my phone as I explained above. I think the files I copied in phone storage might be causing this problem. Is there any way to delete those files I copied from phone storage ? Now I can't download any app to delete those files because it doesn't let me, it crashes.

http://www.virtualofficejob.com/affiliate.php?id=FR8877

F4uzan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1334
I hope you read my tip in one of your thread.

If you want to make your phone function normally, do a search first to check wheter mod is stable or not.
Here, in XDA you have to experiment yourself, find out which value makes your phone crashes.

If you did a search before you do it, this value :

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=0
Turns home app (launcher) priority to 0 (normal) so launcher keep killed since the RAM is full.

"Neither thanks meter or how much post you have determine who you are. Contribution determines it"

shanrisy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4uzan View Post
I hope you read my tip in one of your thread.

If you want to make your phone function normally, do a search first to check wheter mod is stable or not.
Here, in XDA you have to experiment yourself, find out which value makes your phone crashes.

If you did a search before you do it, this value :

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=0
Turns home app (launcher) priority to 0 (normal) so launcher keep killed since the RAM is full.
Yeah I've read your tips in my threads.

Well everyone in that post was saying it works well so I tried it but it failed. Anyways I've fixed it by installing rom again. Thanks for your kindness.

tejasmanek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default root samsung s5770

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanrisy View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first thread. I'm really in a trouble with my Samsung Galaxy Mini S5770.

Look I've rooted my android phone, and I was trying to increase the performance of my phone. I used this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1309802 ) to increase the performance, I almost did everything I just needed to do final step which was to add lines, as you can go to that thread and look. I copied some files to my phone storage here /system/lib/hw , as it was instructed in that thread.

As I didn't complete the whole procedure because I had to deal with some work, and then after an hour I check my phone so it was off, I turned it on, so it come to home screen and after every 20 seconds it gets back to home screen closing every apps, first it will be black screen for 2 seconds then again to home screen, like the phone is being restarted/rebooted, but it will come direct to home screen after black screen, it happens every 20 seconds, I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME !!! It's only a phone I've now. I want it badly alive and working as normal.

For your kind information, I tried hard reset/wiping all data, but still the same result, it keeps crashing the whole system of my phone as I explained above. I think the files I copied in phone storage might be causing this problem. Is there any way to delete those files I copied from phone storage ? Now I can't download any app to delete those files because it doesn't let me, it crashes.

http://www.virtualofficejob.com/affiliate.php?id=FR8877

how did u root ur fone i cant find any links o forums for it
pls help

F4uzan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasmanek View Post
how did u root ur fone i cant find any links o forums for it
pls help
Hi and welcome to XDA.

Before you post, you can try searching bit more deeper.

There's 1001 tutorial in Google to do this, so I advice you search before posting.

#F4UZAN

"Neither thanks meter or how much post you have determine who you are. Contribution determines it"

tejasmanek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4uzan View Post
Hi and welcome to XDA.

Before you post, you can try searching bit more deeper.

There's 1001 tutorial in Google to do this, so I advice you search before posting.

#F4UZAN
i couldnt find any for the gt s5770 i could however find loads for s5570 and i guess they both aint same but will the root procedure for the latter work for my device ???

F4uzan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasmanek View Post
i couldnt find any for the gt s5770 i could however find loads for s5570 and i guess they both aint same but will the root procedure for the latter work for my device ???
There is. There's many guide to root both device.

I attach one for you, here :

http://hexamob.com/devices/devices-d...3-gingerbread/

#F4UZAN

Lodaserves
Old
Thanks Meter 9
May i ask if this working?