Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone is looping after update

Tip us?

Anonymous777
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Phone is looping after update

A couple weeks ago when my phone was running jb I used Odin, the cf auto run file to root my phone and had no problems at all. After the kik Kat update came out I used Odin on my computer and flashed the original firmware so that I could get the update, I knew I would lose root but now when I try to root it my phone goes into a loop. The only thing I could do to fix it was flash a twrp img. file which got it working again. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong this time around and why it's going into a loop? I would also like to know why you can't write to the external sd card anymore???

Sent from my SM-N900T

Barbosanna
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Let me see if i understood.You're trying to install GB and after that CF root and the phone goes into bootloop ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbosanna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anonymous777
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I downloaded the cf auto file from this site which was almost double the size of the jb cf file so I figured it had been updated for kk. And yes, then once it restarts it just keeps going into Odin mode over and over until I used a twrp img. I had found that got me out of it. My phone shows even installed supersu but it's not rooted. What file do I use to root it for kk?

Sent from my SM-N900T

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous777 View Post
What file do I use to root it for kk?
Look in FAQ [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S]

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anonymous777
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you very much