No registration required

Screen protection

OP kenrw7

12th March 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

118 posts
More
Hi, ive all ways had a screen protector fitted to my phone but it does need replacing as it absorbs the daily use. Can anyone provide their experience of the gorilla glass resistance to every day use using their phone without a protector.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
12th March 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 81

441 posts
More
Had my phone from the beginning and have never had a screen protector. My screen has endured over its life and it could pass as a brand new screen. This phone is designed to be durable. IPhone tender care is not needed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SFG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,008

3,354 posts
More
Put new screen protector on your phone. Gorilla glass is just good marketing. Can be easily scratched by speck of dust under your finger. About dropping on hard surface (rocks, grit...) is pointless to speak of.
12th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 984

2,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrw7

Hi, ive all ways had a screen protector fitted to my phone but it does need replacing as it absorbs the daily use. Can anyone provide their experience of the gorilla glass resistance to every day use using their phone without a protector.

this question/topic has been discussed at least 50 times before and the result is always the same.
-some people never use them and claim no scratches
-some people didnt use one and claim scratches
-and some people (like me) would never use a phone without one

its pointless to go over this issue again. for every yes there will be a no.
14th March 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 479

1,326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

-and some people (like me) would never use a phone without one

its pointless to go over this issue again. for every yes there will be a no.

I have them on every device I use, including my Ipods, and even Garmin GPS. I'd rather be safe than sorry. The only one that suffers a little from the protection is the N7.
13th March 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

118 posts
More
Thanks for all the constructive comments I've decided to side with caution and buy another batch of screen protectors. After all they are relative cheap and offer a front line level of sacrificial protection.

14th March 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 47

195 posts
I have owned my phone since September 2012. Been using protector maybe 2/3 to 4/5 parts of the time. It is the sensible thing to do. Peeled it off months ago as it did began to bug me a little due to 'oily smearing'. Also I figured the 'end life' of the device I would want is as nice as possible. No accidents or detrimental effect seen so far. It Seems possibly a little more durable than I originally thought. That said I am glad had it on so long to minimize risk and will surely use one again as soon as I get a new phone at some point... Also I think there is a very big difference in people's perception of 'normal daily use'. I am generally very careful with my more expensive gadgets (phone included).
14th March 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #8  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,008

3,354 posts
More
If someone wish to scratch the screen, just take some sand and spoil with the finger over the screen.

Warning, this will most probably scratch your screen!
17th March 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #9  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
Didn't have one on initially but the wife and 2 young children seem to think black rectangles are hockey pucks. A few small scratches on the glass later i've started keeping a protector on it. I prefer the glass directly but better to have a scratched and replaceable piece of plastic than the glass thats a pain to replace
17th March 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 479

1,326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipthomps

Didn't have one on initially but the wife and 2 young children seem to think black rectangles are hockey pucks. A few small scratches on the glass later i've started keeping a protector on it. I prefer the glass directly but better to have a scratched and replaceable piece of plastic than the glass thats a pain to replace

Black circles and black rectangles are pretty similar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread