Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/04

OP bigbiff

13th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,271

4,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
[RECOVERY] [11/04/14] TWRP 2.8.1.0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

TeamWin is proud to present TWRP 2.8.1.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)!

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvWVS_Rkxo

Full TeamWin credits are on the TWRP page on the TeamWin website: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Onscreen keyboard
Decryption of /data
Easy selection of internal/external storage
See changelog below for new features

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe cache & dalvik, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Theming:

Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers

Known Issues:

CWM backups are not compatible - please make a fresh backup in TWRP as soon as you have flashed it

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.omnirom.org

If you have made your own twrp build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

hltevzw Device Config: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_d...amsung_hltevzw

Kernel: TBD

DOWNLOAD:

All official devices are listed at the top of the page on the Team Win website. Search for the device in the textbox.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Support:

Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for live support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
Last edited by bigbiff; 4th November 2014 at 03:04 PM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer

4,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
Changelog
picassowifi
- fix build

mondrian3g
- Revert changes to exfat-fuse to fix writing to external sdcard as exfat

mondrianwifiue - 12/9/2014
- Revert changes to exfat-fuse to fix writing to external sdcard as exfat

picassowifi
- add encryption support

- MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
- TrueType Font support - optional as it takes up a decent amount of space so may not be available on all devices - thanks to Tassadar
- Temperature support - thanks to bigbiff
- Various other bugfixes and tweaks

mondrianwifiue only
- Disable Secure Erase to increase wiping speed

- Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
- Add command line capabilities - you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
- Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
- Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
- Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
- Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
- Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
- Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
- Add support for 1440x2560, 280x280, and 320x320 resolutions and update 240x240
- Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
- Other minor fixes and improvements

v2wifixx only
- fix contexts restore of backups

- Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
- Various bugfixes to backup and restore
- Improvements to USB storage handling
- Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
- Various other bugfixes and tweaks

picassowifi

Fix ramdisk for booting

mondrianwifiue and mondrianwifilte

Add Qcom time fix

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4:
Update theme thanks to nrage123 and Gunthermic to proper 1600x2560 (will submit to gerrit)
Update system splitting to fix issues with symlinks being counted as the target
Update size to not show /data/media for /data parition

2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.
Last edited by bigbiff; 9th December 2014 at 06:27 PM.
13th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer

4,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff

reserved

reserved
13th March 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 107

817 posts
this is so awesome. finally. can we flash with flashily or is there a way without a computer. I'm not near one. stock recovery doesn't seem to flash zips. been awhile since i did it without a computer. donate will be sent. did i say how awesome this is lol. forget it. flashed the img file with flashify. works perfect. screen isn't full size but i think i read that you were aware of that. thanks again.
Last edited by bckrupps; 13th March 2014 at 04:25 AM.
13th March 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #5  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 74

370 posts
More
You might want to have the site admins fix the typo if you can: "Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.1" should say 8.4. Kind of confused me at first.
13th March 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 353

1,058 posts
More
The Theme is from a device that is 1200 x 1980. Ours is 1600 x 2560. I got a theme almost done but ran into issues I could not fix. The themes are pretty complicated for a xml noob like me. Bigbiff does not have the time to make one which I can tell you takes a lot of work. Hopefully someone with some xml talent will take up the cause. I asked a couple of TWRP themers from other devices but they are all busy with other things. Also this is the only device thus far with this portrait resolution. I tried to flash the zip file but that failed. The Odin method works perfectly.
13th March 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer

4,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

The Theme is from a device that is 1200 x 1980. Ours is 1600 x 2560. I got a theme almost done but ran into issues I could not fix. The themes are pretty complicated for a xml noob like me. Bigbiff does not have the time to make one which I can tell you takes a lot of work. Hopefully someone with some xml talent will take up the cause. I asked a couple of TWRP themers from other devices but they are all busy with other things. Also this is the only device thus far with this portrait resolution. I tried to flash the zip file but that failed. The Odin method works perfectly.

Thanks for posting, saves me from posting it.

I am unable to do the theme because I don't have any devices with a higher resolution then 1080p. We mostly need the keyboard xml layout done so that the keyboard object knows the pixels to look at when a key on the image being rendered is pressed. Please PM me if you would like to help.

nrage23: did you flash 2.7 odin img and it worked, but the zip didn't?
1st April 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 23

78 posts
More
t525
Hi, bigbiff! What about t525? Copy of stock recovery image attached. Maybe you need some more data? I'm willing to provide.
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt t525_block.txt - [Click for QR Code] (11.4 KB, 10 views)
1st April 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer

4,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViAlexSt

Hi, bigbiff! What about t525? Copy of stock recovery image attached. Maybe you need some more data? I'm willing to provide.
Thanks!

I think you missed attaching the image. Is this a qualcomm or exynos device?
1st April 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 23

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff

I think you missed attaching the image. Is this a qualcomm or exynos device?

Qualcomm. Device LTE. Why missed? I used command ls -lR /dev/block I made a mistake?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
twrp 2.7 mondrianwifiue
Previous Thread Next Thread