Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cannot auto connect to open wifi even though it is saved

Tip us?

shealan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cannot auto connect to open wifi even though it is saved

my galaxy s4, running 4.2.2. There are two saved wifi networks, one is open, and the other is wpa security. The wifi switch of my phone is ON. Here is the strange things, when I came in to the range of wpa security wifi, my phone auto connect to the wifi network, everything is ok. When I came in to the open wifi networks area, my phone does not connect to the open wifi, even though it is saved, but I can mannual connect to the wifi.
So, why ? and how can I let my phone connect the saved open wifi auto?

SPACEMANBEN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealan View Post
my galaxy s4, running 4.2.2. There are two saved wifi networks, one is open, and the other is wpa security. The wifi switch of my phone is ON. Here is the strange things, when I came in to the range of wpa security wifi, my phone auto connect to the wifi network, everything is ok. When I came in to the open wifi networks area, my phone does not connect to the open wifi, even though it is saved, but I can mannual connect to the wifi.
So, why ? and how can I let my phone connect the saved open wifi auto?
Had a similar problem.

In advanced there is an option, cant remember it now, been too long since I looked at it, (a week ).

Something about switching to mobile networks if you lose your wifi. Make sure that is turned on, else the device decides a wifi connection is 'bad' instead of just out of range and won't remember it.

shealan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEMANBEN View Post
Had a similar problem.

In advanced there is an option, cant remember it now, been too long since I looked at it, (a week ).

Something about switching to mobile networks if you lose your wifi. Make sure that is turned on, else the device decides a wifi connection is 'bad' instead of just out of range and won't remember it.
Thanks for your reply. I searched the menu which you mentioned, try every option that can select or unselect, unfortunately it won't work.

My device can connect an secure wifi auto when the signal is fair, but can not connect to an open wifi, only work by manual pick it.