Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Tab 3 Screen Issue after Rooting & Recovery

Tip us?

ameva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Tab 3 Screen Issue after Rooting & Recovery

First of all, I deeply apologize if this kind of issue has been brought up before. But right now I'm in such a nervous wreck that I can barely search for similar topics for help.

Here is what happened. I tried to root my Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. 7 because I heard of all the good stories and satisfaction behind it. Shame on me, I really shouldn't have tried to do something like that when I have no experience with that type of stuff. So after following the instructions, I rooted my device. Then when I turned it back on, the first thing I noticed was:

- The startup had the Samsung logo on it, but there was no ''animation"
- The screen became VERY dim
- The colors were all strange
- There was slight flickering of the screen

I then went here because reportedly that will solve the screen issue, but after downloading the recovery file through zip, nothing's changed. I realized that you also need to download the RocketTab3.1.zip, but at this point, I'm so distraught over what's happened to my tablet that all I want is to unroot, and go back to the bright screen, and the way it was, even if it means that all my saved information will be erased.

I even tried to go to settings - reset to factory settings. All my saved info is gone (which at this point, I don't even care), and the tablet is just like how it was when I first received it - except it STILL has the screen problems.

Can someone please, please, help me? If I can get my tablet back to the condition is was before, I'm never going to try to root again. It's just not worth the anxiety I'm feeling right now..

ameva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameva View Post
First of all, I deeply apologize if this kind of issue has been brought up before. But right now I'm in such a nervous wreck that I can barely search for similar topics for help.

Here is what happened. I tried to root my Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. 7 because I heard of all the good stories and satisfaction behind it. Shame on me, I really shouldn't have tried to do something like that when I have no experience with that type of stuff. So after following the instructions, I rooted my device. Then when I turned it back on, the first thing I noticed was:

- The startup had the Samsung logo on it, but there was no ''animation"
- The screen became VERY dim
- The colors were all strange
- There was slight flickering of the screen

I then went here because reportedly that will solve the screen issue, but after downloading the recovery file through zip, nothing's changed. I realized that you also need to download the RocketTab3.1.zip, but at this point, I'm so distraught over what's happened to my tablet that all I want is to unroot, and go back to the bright screen, and the way it was, even if it means that all my saved information will be erased.

I even tried to go to settings - reset to factory settings. All my saved info is gone (which at this point, I don't even care), and the tablet is just like how it was when I first received it - except it STILL has the screen problems.

Can someone please, please, help me? If I can get my tablet back to the condition is was before, I'm never going to try to root again. It's just not worth the anxiety I'm feeling right now..

Nevermind! I fixed my tablet by using Odin and a firmwire! Phew, I barely slept last night, and now my peace of mind is back. Sure, I have to reinstall my favorite apps, but you know what? I couldn't care less as long as my beautiful tablet is working as it should again.

Mods: Please feel free to close/delete this thread!