Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SIM Card causing reboots on my Xperia T

OP hawejiedm

13th March 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi guys,

Earlier i found out that my sim card was the one responsible for the sudden reboots of my Xperia T. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am currently on stock JB 4.3 with locked boot loader.

Thanks for the help
13th March 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bratislava

3 posts
More
Hi there,

I would like to post my 2 cents here too, cause this is bug or whatever it is so annoying that I want to smash my Xperia against the wall.
It started shortly after I upgraded my Xperia T to 4.3 (.295). First I thought it is caused by wrong USIM placement, but even if I pull it out and follow the click to be sure it is placed properly, reboots appear from time to time. I was trying to track the source of this with "standard" steps like factory reset, installing apps and do settings without using Backup&Restore app, testing another USIM however without success, using phone with/without microSD card. I even upgraded to latest bugfixing .199 today but those damn reboots persists.

Maybe these observations will help to solve this issue:
- reboots appear usually after using apps using internet connection (mostly local news, gmail, Chrome etc) and, whats interesting, when screen is off
- mostly when on HSPA, not wi-fi
- when I play music, using PowerAmp, not tested on other mainly because I have no other installed
- sometimes after the call
- once or twice it happened when unlocking the phone
- reboots stops only if battery is totally drained or if I notice smell of the the burning flesh of my thigh and I put my screen on/or reinsert USIM.
I will observe more, but Im loosing patience

There were no reboots when on stock 4.1.2 with locked bootloader with root. I also had to turn off SIM card lock, because I need to be reachable. I like this phone, 4.3 is nicely done but this is driving me mad. I consider to downgrade and visit my local vendor, but beforehand I decided to ask community.

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else here, I just spotted this post and added my POW. Thanks for your help
Last edited by daemin; 13th March 2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: adding observations
14th March 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemin

Hi there,

I would like to post my 2 cents here too, cause this is bug or whatever it is so annoying that I want to smash my Xperia against the wall.
It started shortly after I upgraded my Xperia T to 4.3 (.295). First I thought it is caused by wrong USIM placement, but even if I pull it out and follow the click to be sure it is placed properly, reboots appear from time to time. I was trying to track the source of this with "standard" steps like factory reset, installing apps and do settings without using Backup&Restore app, testing another USIM however without success, using phone with/without microSD card. I even upgraded to latest bugfixing .199 today but those damn reboots persists.

Maybe these observations will help to solve this issue:
- reboots appear usually after using apps using internet connection (mostly local news, gmail, Chrome etc) and, whats interesting, when screen is off
- mostly when on HSPA, not wi-fi
- when I play music, using PowerAmp, not tested on other mainly because I have no other installed
- sometimes after the call
- once or twice it happened when unlocking the phone
- reboots stops only if battery is totally drained or if I notice smell of the the burning flesh of my thigh and I put my screen on/or reinsert USIM.
I will observe more, but Im loosing patience

There were no reboots when on stock 4.1.2 with locked bootloader with root. I also had to turn off SIM card lock, because I need to be reachable. I like this phone, 4.3 is nicely done but this is driving me mad. I consider to downgrade and visit my local vendor, but beforehand I decided to ask community.

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else here, I just spotted this post and added my POW. Thanks for your help

mine was the opposite, reboots all the time when tethering unless I kept the phone on charge on stock 4.1.2. now on 4.3 and only had two reboots after heavy usage, but the phone wasn't on charge and was hot.
18th March 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bratislava

3 posts
More
Looks like the reboots are caused by handover between 2G and 3G networks. I have set my T to stick on the 3G only and reboots have disappeared. Two days without single reboot
However I have found strange dots on the display recently, like some layer of the display is too thin and light is bit brighter in these parts, so I need to pay a visit to my vendor anyway.
19th March 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
Lightbulb Theme
Hello. I updated to 4.3 rooted ROM, and always restarted and I cant start the phone when is SIM in. Tried reinstall via CWM, nothing helped. And... yes.. maybe installed programs caused this boot loop, try install step by step program to program and succes. I found Woody theme. When I setup this theme, phone cant process Sim pin code section at start. Deleted theme helped me, and now work fine Darklord Rom
9th April 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bratislava

3 posts
More
Well, I have finally isolated issue and it is not related to cellular handovers. Reboots are caused by faulty mechanism holding SIM card in place. Despite I hear and feel obvious "click" indicating SIM card is in place and mounted, it is not. After undefined time SIM card gets loosed and you can take it out very easily. Not sure if this is just me or it is a construction issue, but I saw too many posts regarding reboots. Time to check guts of your Xperia folks..
14th March 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #7  
Flag CHANGSHA
Thanks Meter: 16

117 posts
More
it may related to the battery

Sent from my Xperia T using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread