Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

clean up crap from contacts

Tip us?

spyvingen
Old
(Last edited by spyvingen; 13th March 2014 at 10:36 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default clean up crap from contacts

I have alot of crap like adress fb connections and stuff in my contacts. And now i want to clean up my contact so i only have the name phonenumbers and mailadresses is this possible to do in bulk?

Ive tried via export and excel but it does not seem right cus i get alot of adreeses in teh name colume and dont want to do anyting that could go wrong.

I have no dublicates like all the other threeds but i want to clean up everyting except the importent stuff on each contact in a bulk kind of way.

Thanks in advance

rogerdean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You could start by merging duplicates in Gmail through a browser, if that is part of the problem.

Slightly related, I really don't like skype, facebook etc swamping my contacts with theirs...

Moor Terces
Old
(Last edited by Moor Terces; 20th March 2014 at 06:01 AM.) Reason: adding
Thanks Meter 6
This is an awesome and annoying feature of current systems. It pulls all your contacts into one place but it also pulls all of your contacts into one place lol. FB contacts are the worst. I'm way OCD about this stuff, but I've resigned myself to just not think about it, as cleaning it up would be insanely time consuming. If I need to contact someone I look them up. If the contact has a bunch of crap or duplicates I delete it at that time.

If you are in the mood for some learning you could batch them in Access to remove info and export to a CSV Excel. Access isn't all that hard to learn and I think is actually easier to use for data mining/manipulation than Excel.

tarektarabichi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default fullcontact.com

I would recommend you try http://app.fullcontact.com
Did me a great help with managing my 6000+ contact base.

I've tried every single pay service but to be frank they know what they are doing.

Cyp26a1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarektarabichi View Post
I would recommend you try http://app.fullcontact.com
Did me a great help with managing my 6000+ contact base.

I've tried every single pay service but to be frank they know what they are doing.
Thanks for the tip! I will try it out, also have some porblems with my contacts.

ShadowLea
Old
(Last edited by ShadowLea; 26th March 2014 at 11:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 798
Turn off facebook contact sync?

alternatively: Contacts --> Optionkey --> Contacts to Display & Contacts --> Optionkey --> Settings --> Only contacts with phones
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.