Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

How do custom ROMs handle buttons?

OP DeanDomino

13th March 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
The kindle Fire HD does not have any buttons on the front side. If you're running an app in fullscreen then a little picker shows up at the bottom of the screen that contains the buttons "Back, Home" etc.

How do other ROMs handle this lack of buttons? I would like to install CyanogenMod on my Kindle, but I am not sure how it will cope with the Kindle having no buttons.
13th March 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

299 posts
It does have buttons, they are at the bottom of the screen except for when on full screen mode. Then you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen and they show up

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD running AOKP
17th March 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wire55

It does have buttons, they are at the bottom of the screen except for when on full screen mode. Then you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen and they show up

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD running AOKP

I was talking about hardware buttons or soft-touch button - like actual physical buttons.
17th March 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll show you a screenshot so you get the idea, though keep in mind I'm using a tablet ui so on a normal ROM they are still there but more centered whereas mine are left justified.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395045925740.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	2634916

Wow that pic is old, surprised I still had it sitting around, you can tell by the date in the screenshot.

When in full screen, rather than minimizing the bar like in amazon's os, it turns all the symbols and such into a small dot that's a barely noticeable on the black bar so it doesn't take away from the video, though personally I liked Amazon's solution better, thought it was kinda neat despite everything else in the os I hated.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
Last edited by stunts513; 17th March 2014 at 09:52 AM.
18th March 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

I'll show you a screenshot so you get the idea, though keep in mind I'm using a tablet ui so on a normal ROM they are still there but more centered whereas mine are left justified.

Attachment 2634916

Wow that pic is old, surprised I still had it sitting around, you can tell by the date in the screenshot.

When in full screen, rather than minimizing the bar like in amazon's os, it turns all the symbols and such into a small dot that's a barely noticeable on the black bar so it doesn't take away from the video, though personally I liked Amazon's solution better, thought it was kinda neat despite everything else in the os I hated.

Thanks for the pic. What ROM are you using?

Personally, I kind of like Amazons solution, but I would like to see it improved. My ideas is the following: Make the button-bar auto-hide when running a fullscreen-app. A click on the volume buttons on the backside could make the button-bar visible for a few seconds.
18th March 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm on cm 10.1 with my tablet ui patch flashed on top of it. I couldn't get tablet ui working on cm 10.2, jester supposedly did but he never released it on his tablet ui page. I think I can also get this look using a ROM link the pacman ROM or one of the others on cm 11, I've just been lazy and haven't tested them out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread