5,814,633 Members 53,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The first case reset Warranty Bit in Galaxy Note 3 Exynos N900 successfully!!!

Tip us?

luckyboy_103
Old
(Last edited by luckyboy_103; 13th March 2014 at 03:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Info 2 The first case reset Warranty Bit in Galaxy Note 3 Exynos N900 successfully!!!

Hello forum,

I come from Vietnam, I have participated in this forum for a long time. The devs helped guys like me so much to be able to use our phone in the best ways.

Today I have one thing to share with you, may be it will help the devs to find a way to solve the problem of reseting warranty bit in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 into 0.

I bought my Note 3 N900 five months ago. At that time, I rooted my phone and then update my note 3 via OTA. But from the fist update which showed Warranty Bit: 1 (MJ7). I didn't update it via OTA any more.

Then I download a stock rom named "STOCK-DEODEX-ROOT-N900XXUCMJ7_N900OLBCMJ3_N900DXUCMJ3_HOME" of developer @nguyenxuanhoa then rooted it again and used it untill yesterday.

Yesterday, I found that my device wasn't rooted and CWM disappear. I couldn't understand. Then I installed CWM and rooted it again. After that. I uploaded rom cook version 9.0 then 8.1 (android 4.4.2) of developer @nguyenxuanhoa but it did't work well (couldn't use apps restored from titanium backup and couldn't logged in evernote)

Then I used the stock Mj7 4 files but just uploaded 1 file AP in order to restore my phone to android 4.3 but it was suspended at samsung logo. Then I went to stock recovey to wipe data and reboot, but it was fault: force close samsung keyboard.

In the last time, I flashed 4 files in stock MJ7 to restore again and OMG! The warranty bit was restored to 0. I can't understand but very happy. I can use Knox, of course. Everything in my phone was restored as when i bought it from the seller.

I hope that information will help you to guess how could we resset warranty bit of Galaxy Note 3 N900 into 0.

Stock Rom Mj7 4 files: Link/
STOCK-DEODEX-ROOT-N900XXUCMJ7_N900OLBCMJ3_N900DXUCMJ3_HOME: Part 1 Part 2
Rom cook by @nguyenxuanhoa: Link

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-13-07-09-54.jpg
Views:	2995
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2628352

Name:	2014-03-13 09.06.43.jpg
Views:	3042
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	2628353

Name:	2014-03-13 09.06.28.jpg
Views:	3203
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	2628354

Name:	2014-03-13-07-10-17.jpg
Views:	2796
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	2628355
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to luckyboy_103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DON AMIGO
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

if what you did is true and we can all do it.

then thank you very much my freind and hope that this will help the devs defeat this knox app.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DON AMIGO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON AMIGO View Post
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

then thank you very much my freind and hope that this will help the devs defeat this knox app.
Not necessarily. Qualcomm has a different kind of eFuse in their SOC, I believe. That's probably why things look different on that screen (Knox Warranty Void 0x0).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.
The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dannycanrock
Old
Thanks Meter 77
We need someone to try this I hope that is true

Sent from my SM-N900
The Following User Says Thank You to dannycanrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luckyboy_103
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON AMIGO View Post
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycanrock View Post
We need someone to try this I hope that is true

Sent from my SM-N900
I'm not sure, because there are not many people keep their N3 in firmware Mj7 like me, so I don't know if this case is right with the other. I just post my case there and hope that someone can follow this and reset warranty bit successfully, too.

newxdabie
Old
Thanks Meter 18
ii have a note 2, i have full wipe and flashed 4 tar in bl, csc, ap and nothing happens, i still have knox bit 1, i am curious how did you do that, is it because you download bl then upload it agian? hummm
NOTE II
KNOX BIT 0*1
DITTO DN3.1 with Note 3 Features

orly_mihai
Old
Thanks Meter 43
If you look a little the menu is a little different for n900 not like n9005.Maybe different bootloaders diferent knox and maybe for n900 work.
The Following User Says Thank You to orly_mihai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luckyboy_103
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by newxdabie View Post
ii have a note 2, i have full wipe and flashed 4 tar in bl, csc, ap and nothing happens, i still have knox bit 1, i am curious how did you do that, is it because you download bl then upload it agian? hummm
No, I just flashed AP file for the first time, then flashed all 4 files in stock mj7 for the second time and.. it worked :d

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyboy_103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghalib87
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyboy_103 View Post
No, I just flashed AP file for the first time, then flashed all 4 files in stock mj7 for the second time and.. it worked :d

Make a guide for amateur like us...

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ghalib87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

newxdabie
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyboy_103 View Post

I cant understand it... flashing ap before flash 4 files dont make any sense about it...because i realized that their flash bl first if you have knox bit the bl will load thia information and do not replace it...i guess there something is missing in your steps or because you flashed deox knox rom or rom with bl lower before...not sure
NOTE II
KNOX BIT 0*1
DITTO DN3.1 with Note 3 Features