XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

Battery saving tip

15th March 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

185 posts
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.
Last edited by bklm1234; 15th March 2014 at 02:11 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bklm1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklm1234

When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.

You can underclock your CPU.
19th March 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 39

445 posts
More
To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis
20th March 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 23

126 posts
More
Greenify does this automatically.
21st March 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

70 posts
More
Tried this, but it didn't work for me. My battery life is horrendous. As a test I closed my folio cover at 10 last night without clearing recent items. At 5:30am it had lost 10% battery life. I then cleared recent tasks. And at 6:30pm, 13 hours later it had lost another 8% battery life.

I have battery saving mode set to On starting from midnight to 6am. Yet it's not kicking in because at 5:30am when I checked it there were new notifications. Wifi is supposed to be disabled during this.

Any help would be appreciated.
21st March 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 76

543 posts
More
I just turn mine off before I go to bed at night and, if necessary, charge it overnight. Doesn't take long to boot up and everything is running clean in the morning. Plus, I think it's better for the battery to charge with the phone off.
24th March 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatis24

To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis

Agreed. My nexus 7 (2013) kept draining the battery, no matter what ROM I used and what apps I had installed. Every ROM, at some point, started to drain and it got old very fast. No problems with the G pad on the stock rom or custom rom.
24th March 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #8  
Flag Fujian,China
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I would try your suggestion. thx

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th March 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #9  
Flag A Neutron Star
Thanks Meter: 259

604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklm1234

When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too..

Thanks for the tip...

For Me, LiquidSmooth has been the key..

Not only is it the Fastest & Smoothest.. But it's also been by far the most Efficient for my G-Pad 8.3..

I can honestly say.. It has become the Stabilizing Element in my rocky relationship with the G-Pad 8.3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread