Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery saving tip

Tip us?

bklm1234
Old
(Last edited by bklm1234; 15th March 2014 at 02:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Battery saving tip

When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bklm1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pixore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklm1234 View Post
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.
You can underclock your CPU.

vatis24
Old
Thanks Meter 39
To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis

Currently : Proud owner of Sony Z1 , Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Lg G pad 8.3 , Microsoft Surface RT ,Sony Xperia tablet S & Samsung Galaxy s3
Previewsly : Android Devices : Google Nexus 7 2012 , Sony Xperia x10i, Samsung Galaxy s2, Toshiba AT300 Tablet

Mountainjew
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Greenify does this automatically.

robotapocalypse
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Tried this, but it didn't work for me. My battery life is horrendous. As a test I closed my folio cover at 10 last night without clearing recent items. At 5:30am it had lost 10% battery life. I then cleared recent tasks. And at 6:30pm, 13 hours later it had lost another 8% battery life.

I have battery saving mode set to On starting from midnight to 6am. Yet it's not kicking in because at 5:30am when I checked it there were new notifications. Wifi is supposed to be disabled during this.

Any help would be appreciated.

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I just turn mine off before I go to bed at night and, if necessary, charge it overnight. Doesn't take long to boot up and everything is running clean in the morning. Plus, I think it's better for the battery to charge with the phone off.

badmoj0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatis24 View Post
To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis
Agreed. My nexus 7 (2013) kept draining the battery, no matter what ROM I used and what apps I had installed. Every ROM, at some point, started to drain and it got old very fast. No problems with the G pad on the stock rom or custom rom.
Nexus 5, LG G Pad 8,3

ydkyz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would try your suggestion. thx

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RaiderWill
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklm1234 View Post
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too..
Thanks for the tip...

For Me, LiquidSmooth has been the key..

Not only is it the Fastest & Smoothest.. But it's also been by far the most Efficient for my G-Pad 8.3..

I can honestly say.. It has become the Stabilizing Element in my rocky relationship with the G-Pad 8.3.
MAHDI'S "CLASSIC" 5-20 ROM WAS THE BEST COMPILE EVER FOR THE G-PAD 8.3...

AND CLOUDY'S PORT OF THE G3 MAKES MY G2 THE FINEST IT WILL EVER BE ...