FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?
15th March 2014, 08:30 AM |#2  
myst02's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescript

I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?

Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.
15th March 2014, 09:25 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
But WHY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myst02

Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.

I don't want to do that. I want to use the older version of Skype in which linking was not necessary. If only someone who has not upgraded their Skype can extract and make the xap file available
15th March 2014, 10:29 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...
17th March 2014, 02:45 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
The problem is choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviUnic

Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...

Skype PC app permits it, Skype android app permits it. Even the phones that declined to upgrade the WP8 Skype app are permitted to use Skype without linking. So why should I be forced to link?
The Following User Says Thank You to prescript For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 09:37 AM |#6  
pLUSpISTOL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Try a search online for "Skype XAP windows phone".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes