Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] WP8 Skype for Lumia 525

OP prescript

15th March 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?
15th March 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 108

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescript

I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?

Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.
15th March 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
But WHY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myst02

Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.

I don't want to do that. I want to use the older version of Skype in which linking was not necessary. If only someone who has not upgraded their Skype can extract and make the xap file available
15th March 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

122 posts
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...
17th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
The problem is choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviUnic

Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...

Skype PC app permits it, Skype android app permits it. Even the phones that declined to upgrade the WP8 Skype app are permitted to use Skype without linking. So why should I be forced to link?
The Following User Says Thank You to prescript For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 64

381 posts
Try a search online for "Skype XAP windows phone".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread