Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scosche Magic Mount car mount

Tip us?

MrWicked1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Default Scosche Magic Mount car mount

I just wanted to throw it out there if you are looking for a good mount that is pretty universal with most cases and you can easily grab and go check out http://www.scosche.com/magicmount I haven't seen it around much. I came across it and thought it looked cool and perfect for me. I have the plate between my phone and Otterbox commuter and it works great. I previously was using the Ibolt device, but my only problem was it took two hands to get it in and out.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P(Sprint)
Bootloader: Nab Engineering
Rom: Sacs KitKat v2

Past: Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2SII(Epic 4g Touch), Htc Evo 4g, Htc Hero, Blackberry 8330 Curve

Shooshi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just placed my order! I've had some bad experience with the imagnet which is the same concept but it never worked too well with bigger phones especially over speed bumps. Hopefully this one works better. Use the coupon code : "TECHHEAD" to get 20% off which almost covers the shipping cost!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Shooshi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrWicked1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooshi View Post
Just placed my order! I've had some bad experience with the imagnet which is the same concept but it never worked too well with bigger phones especially over speed bumps. Hopefully this one works better. Use the coupon code : "TECHHEAD" to get 20% off which almost covers the shipping cost!

Well I haven't hit any speed bumps yet but so far so good I used the bigger plate it comes with for my phone. The package comes with two sizes.

Past: Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2SII(Epic 4g Touch), Htc Evo 4g, Htc Hero, Blackberry 8330 Curve

Shooshi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I don't have the commuter anymore but from what I can remember the backside is pretty slippery so I'm glad it's working for you. I want to set this up with my neo hybrid case with the magnet between phone and case. We'll see how that goes... XD

MrWicked1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooshi View Post
I don't have the commuter anymore but from what I can remember the backside is pretty slippery so I'm glad it's working for you. I want to set this up with my neo hybrid case with the magnet between phone and case. We'll see how that goes... XD

Yeah its pretty slippery I went down some bumpy roads earlier and it slid off...I then put the plate between the rubber and plastic on my commuter and seems to be better now.

xsamedgex24x
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Sucks, it cost me 21$ for shipping cause i'm in canada...
GALAXY S5

MrWicked1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Damn that does suck

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

xsamedgex24x
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWicked1 View Post
Damn that does suck

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
it seems to be a really good mount, can't believe it cost double the price only for a tiny plastic holder. Anybody buy it for me and i'll pay with paypal the real shipping cost
GALAXY S5

Epiclectic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question adhesive in the sun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWicked1 View Post
I just wanted to throw it out there if you are looking for a good mount that is pretty universal with most cases and you can easily grab and go check out http://www.scosche.com/magicmount I haven't seen it around much. I came across it and thought it looked cool and perfect for me. I have the plate between my phone and Otterbox commuter and it works great. I previously was using the Ibolt device, but my only problem was it took two hands to get it in and out.
Any issues with the adhesive losing grip over time in the sun? I'm in southern california, and my dash gets baked quite often. Damn, just realized that the location I want to mount this would make my windshield shade difficult to place.... hmmm...

MrWicked1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiclectic View Post
Any issues with the adhesive losing grip over time in the sun? I'm in southern california, and my dash gets baked quite often. Damn, just realized that the location I want to mount this would make my windshield shade difficult to place.... hmmm...
No issues yet I actually just ordered another one for my other vehicle cause its been so good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk