Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue for certain apps connecting to wifi in nexus 5

Tip us?
 
aneeshco
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Question Issue for certain apps connecting to wifi in nexus 5

Hi,
I'm facing one particular issue. I had used noroot firewall in my nexus 5 unrooted device to limit data access. However, recently, google applications like gmail,youtube,play store etc was not able to access my wifi (showing connection failed) whereas it can access data connection. However, using Chrome i can access wifi connection successfully, so I believe its not a hardware issue. Same is the case with google now, it doesn't work using wifi, but works in mobile data. I believe its because of some setting change caused by noroot firewall. Please help.
 
Primokorn
Old
#2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,218
Posts: 4,092
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Annecy

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshco View Post
Hi,
I'm facing one particular issue. I had used noroot firewall in my nexus 5 unrooted device to limit data access. However, recently, google applications like gmail,youtube,play store etc was not able to access my wifi (showing connection failed) whereas it can access data connection. However, using Chrome i can access wifi connection successfully, so I believe its not a hardware issue. Same is the case with google now, it doesn't work using wifi, but works in mobile data. I believe its because of some setting change caused by noroot firewall. Please help.
Using a great firewall requires root permissions imo so I suggest you to root and use AFWall+.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!


Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer
 
aneeshco
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Question Issue for certain apps connecting to wifi in nexus 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
Using a great firewall requires root permissions imo so I suggest you to root and use AFWall+.
ok, i agree. but how to resolve existing issue?
 
Primokorn
Old
#4  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,218
Posts: 4,092
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Annecy

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshco View Post
ok, i agree. but how to resolve existing issue?
Disable or uninstall noroot firewall
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!


Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer
 
aneeshco
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Talking Issue for certain apps connecting to wifi in nexus 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
Disable or uninstall noroot firewall
I tried uninstalling and resetting the phone. Still didn't work. However, I installed the app again and gave permissions to all apps again using Mobile data and now its working fine
Thread Tools
Display Modes