Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting NEC Terrain

Tip us?
 
Wombat Pete
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] Rooting NEC Terrain

Hello! I've read the one thread I can find on this, but doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there lately.
I wonder whether anyone's still working on this and whether there's been any progress!
Anyone know?
Thanks much
WP
 
N'ayam Amarsh'e
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Pete View Post
Hello! I've read the one thread I can find on this, but doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there lately.
I wonder whether anyone's still working on this and whether there's been any progress!
Anyone know?
Thanks much
WP
Root it with Framaroot App...

Press thanks if it worked
 
Wombat Pete
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Worth trying, but - alas

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e View Post
Root it with Framaroot App...

Press thanks if it worked
Thanks for the idea; unfortunately, neither exploit worked. Any other ideas?
 
N'ayam Amarsh'e
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Pete View Post
Thanks for the idea; unfortunately, neither exploit worked. Any other ideas?
I have a universal Guide To root phones I am now goin' to post it... You can read it and root your phone

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Pete View Post
Thanks for the idea; unfortunately, neither exploit worked. Any other ideas?
Read My Universal GUIDE To root Any Android Device : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684210

Don't Forget To press Thanks Whenever I help You...
 
Wombat Pete
Old
(Last edited by Wombat Pete; 18th March 2014 at 05:59 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Problem with Explorer

N'ayam Amarsh'e, I'm trying your system. So far, so good - up until the Droid Explorer step.
But Droid Explorer installs, with the SDK tools, ... and then crashes upon running it (can't find the SDK stuff).
I looked at the Droid Explorer site under issues - EVERYONE is now having this problem.
I tried various locations for SDK, ...uninstalling and reinstalling DE, and and even earlier releases of Droid Explorer (from before the problem seemed to have cropped up) - nothing works.
Is there any alternative that will work? Or do you happen to know how to fix this problem (no one on their forums seems to know!)?
Thanks again
PS - I got release 8.7.2.x64 to install AND start, but now it doesn't find the android device. Made sure USB debugging is still connected, and that it's "connected as a media device".
PPS - Droid Explorer's site says everywhere that it's supposed to work for already-rooted devices...



Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e View Post
I have a universal Guide To root phones I am now goin' to post it... You can read it and root your phone

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------


Read My Universal GUIDE To root Any Android Device : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684210

Don't Forget To press Thanks Whenever I help You...
 
N'ayam Amarsh'e
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Pete View Post
N'ayam Amarsh'e, I'm trying your system. So far, so good - up until the Droid Explorer step.
But Droid Explorer installs, with the SDK tools, ... and then crashes upon running it (can't find the SDK stuff).
I looked at the Droid Explorer site under issues - EVERYONE is now having this problem.
I tried various locations for SDK, ...uninstalling and reinstalling DE, and and even earlier releases of Droid Explorer (from before the problem seemed to have cropped up) - nothing works.
Is there any alternative that will work? Or do you happen to know how to fix this problem (no one on their forums seems to know!)?
Thanks again
PS - I got release 8.7.2.x64 to install AND start, but now it doesn't find the android device. Made sure USB debugging is still connected, and that it's "connected as a media device".
PPS - Droid Explorer's site says everywhere that it's supposed to work for already-rooted devices...
Hi this shouldn't be a problem but I think linux would be the best.... in linux you can use nautilus for exploring files of your device with root privileges... try it... i m going to edit the guide now...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes