Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help me adb sideload

Tip us?
 
Help this company
Old
(Last edited by Help this company; 7th June 2014 at 12:53 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] help me adb sideload

-d - directs command to the only connected USB devic
e
returns an error if more than one USB device is
present.
-e - directs command to the only running emulator.
returns an error if more than one emulator is r
unning.
-s <serial number> - directs command to the USB device or emulator w
ith
the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERI
AL
environment variable.
-p <product name or path> - simple product name like 'sooner', or
a relative/absolute path to a product
out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.

If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT

environment variable is used, which must
be an absolute path.
devices - list all connected devices
connect <host>:<port> - connect to a device via TCP/IP
disconnect <host>:<port> - disconnect from a TCP/IP device

device commands:
adb push <local> <remote> - copy file/dir to device
adb pull <remote> [<local>] - copy file/dir from device
adb sync [ <directory> ] - copy host->device only if changed
(see 'adb help all')
adb shell - run remote shell interactively
adb shell <command> - run remote shell command
adb emu <command> - run emulator console command
adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
forward specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
dev:<character device name>
jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
adb jdwp - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport

adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and i
nstall it
('-l' means forward-lock the app)
('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data
)
('-s' means install on SD card instead of inter
nal storage)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
('-k' means keep the data and cache directories
)
adb bugreport - return all information from the device
that should be included in a bug report.

adb help - show this help message
adb version - show version num

DATAOPTS:
(no option) - don't touch the data partition
-w - wipe the data partition
-d - flash the data partition

scripting:
adb wait-for-device - block until device is online
adb start-server - ensure that there is a server running
adb kill-server - kill the server if it is running
adb get-state - prints: offline | bootloader | device
adb get-serialno - prints: <serial-number>
adb status-window - continuously print device status for a specifie
d device
adb remount - remounts the /system partition on the device re
ad-write
adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the boo
tloader or recovery program
adb reboot-bootloader - reboots the device into the bootloader
adb root - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
adb usb - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
adb tcpip <port> - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on th
e specified port
networking:
adb ppp <tty> [parameters] - Run PPP over USB.
Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
<tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
[parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
<localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be u
pdated.

- If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partition
is updated.


When I type "adb sideload filename.zip" cmd show me this. what's the problem?
 
mb_guy
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 334
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help this company View Post
-d - directs command to the only connected USB devic
e
returns an error if more than one USB device is
present.
-e - directs command to the only running emulator.
returns an error if more than one emulator is r
unning.
-s <serial number> - directs command to the USB device or emulator w
ith
the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERI
AL
environment variable.
-p <product name or path> - simple product name like 'sooner', or
a relative/absolute path to a product
out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.

If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT

environment variable is used, which must
be an absolute path.
devices - list all connected devices
connect <host>:<port> - connect to a device via TCP/IP
disconnect <host>:<port> - disconnect from a TCP/IP device

device commands:
adb push <local> <remote> - copy file/dir to device
adb pull <remote> [<local>] - copy file/dir from device
adb sync [ <directory> ] - copy host->device only if changed
(see 'adb help all')
adb shell - run remote shell interactively
adb shell <command> - run remote shell command
adb emu <command> - run emulator console command
adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
forward specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
dev:<character device name>
jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
adb jdwp - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport

adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and i
nstall it
('-l' means forward-lock the app)
('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data
)
('-s' means install on SD card instead of inter
nal storage)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
('-k' means keep the data and cache directories
)
adb bugreport - return all information from the device
that should be included in a bug report.

adb help - show this help message
adb version - show version num

DATAOPTS:
(no option) - don't touch the data partition
-w - wipe the data partition
-d - flash the data partition

scripting:
adb wait-for-device - block until device is online
adb start-server - ensure that there is a server running
adb kill-server - kill the server if it is running
adb get-state - prints: offline | bootloader | device
adb get-serialno - prints: <serial-number>
adb status-window - continuously print device status for a specifie
d device
adb remount - remounts the /system partition on the device re
ad-write
adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the boo
tloader or recovery program
adb reboot-bootloader - reboots the device into the bootloader
adb root - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
adb usb - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
adb tcpip <port> - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on th
e specified port
networking:
adb ppp <tty> [parameters] - Run PPP over USB.
Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
<tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
[parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
<localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be u
pdated.

- If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partition
is updated.


When I type "adb sideload filename.zip" cmd show me this. what's the problem?
filename.zip needs to be replaced with the actual name of the rom.zip you are trying to upload. Try these for instructions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2318497
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock
 
Help this company
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy View Post
filename.zip needs to be replaced with the actual name of the rom.zip you are trying to upload. Try these for instructions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2318497
U mean that dont rename the file name? And Could U tell me where the Official rom?? Ah, I downloded my korea htc cafe. That file is "pn7140 ruu.zip"file. I did several times that explain.
 
mb_guy
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 334
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help this company View Post
U mean that dont rename the file name? And Could U tell me where the Official rom?? Ah, I downloded my korea htc cafe. That file is "pn7140 ruu.zip"file. I did several times that explain.
I assumed you had not renamed the file to pn7140 ruu.zip since you are getting the help page information.
Is the actual file in the same directory folder as adb? It should be. You might rename the file to something shorted like just "pn7140.zip" to make it easier.
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock
 
Help this company
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy View Post
I assumed you had not renamed the file to pn7140 ruu.zip since you are getting the help page information.
Is the actual file in the same directory folder as adb? It should be. You might rename the file to something shorted like just "pn7140.zip" to make it easier.
adb sideload is only custum rom?? my device not booting just only logo. Whats the problem...
 
mb_guy
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 334
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help this company View Post
adb sideload is only custum rom?? my device not booting just only logo. Whats the problem...
Alray had suggested you flash a custom rom like arhd, Are you not trying to do that??
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock
 
cschmitt
Old
#7  
cschmitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1717
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help this company View Post
adb sideload is only custum rom?? my device not booting just only logo. Whats the problem...
Adb sideload is a feature of custom recovery (TWRP / CWM). You must boot to recovery and start sideload feature before running adb sideload from command prompt, otherwise adb doesn't recognize the command and displays the help text instead.
<this>
 
alray
Old
(Last edited by alray; 16th March 2014 at 04:27 PM.)
#8  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 950
Posts: 2,443
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help this company View Post
U mean that dont rename the file name? And Could U tell me where the Official rom?? Ah, I downloded my korea htc cafe. That file is "pn7140 ruu.zip"file. I did several times that explain.
3 threads for the same issue.....

Thread 1
Thread 2

We were trying to help you in the other thread (thread 2). Why did you started two new threads? This only complicates things and makes it difficult to help you

Quote:
5. Create a thread or post a message only once.

As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more