Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more
Post Reply

[HELP] How to downgrade hboot

OP the_ziom

16th March 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #1  
the_ziom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Hello I have supercid, s-off and previously flashed MAXIMUSHD ROM and that's on hboot 2.16 so I got board and sick of sense 5 and I want to try out one of the kitkat ROMs but I need hboot 2.15 for that and yes I know that there are hboot 2.16 kitkat roms but they are unstable so can someone tell me step by step how to downgrade hboot 2.16 to 2.15 because I'm quite of a dumb person
Last edited by the_ziom; 16th March 2014 at 10:02 AM.
16th March 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
benJX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ziom

Hello I have supercid, s-off and previously flashed MAXIMUSHD ROM and that's on hboot 2.16 so I got board and sick of sense 5 and I want to try out one of the kitkat ROMs but I need hboot 2.15 for that and yes I know that there are hboot 2.16 kitkat roms but they are unstable so can someone tell me step by step how to downgrade hboot 2.16 to 2.15 because I'm quite of a dumb person

This is how I proceed :

1) Downgrade to 2.15 hboot by flashing the old firmware (extract firmware.zip and flash as you did for MaximusHD)
2) Run the latest RUU to get everything clean (I flashed this one)
3) Flash custom recovery with fastboot (TWRP 2.3.X.X)
4) You're done !
16th March 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #3  
the_ziom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benJX

This is how I proceed :

1) Downgrade to 2.15 hboot by flashing the old firmware (extract firmware.zip and flash as you did for MaximusHD)
2) Run the latest RUU to get everything clean (I flashed this one)
3) Flash custom recovery with fastboot (TWRP 2.3.X.X)
4) You're done !

thank you but i have super cid and from what i have read i have to install the ruu according to my cid
tell me if im right
16th March 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #4  
benJX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ziom

thank you but i have super cid and from what i have read i have to install the ruu according to my cid
tell me if im right

In fact, the CID matters if you have one from an operator (have a look here, but not the last one, it's the superCID), in this case, you have to choose a RUU according to your operator.

But being superCID, you can run any RUU, so run the last generic one (see my link) and everything will be ok to start from official clean install. Of course you'll stay S-OFF after running the RUU.
The only thing requested is to be on 2.15 hboot, that's why you have to downgrade to older firmware in order to run this.
Hope it will help.
16th March 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
dr3amsINdigital's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I have kind of a similar question. After moonshine S-OFF, I'm on modified moonshine HBOOT 2.15.4444. Now I want to go back to the stock HBOOT 2.15.0000. Do I just need to run the RUU to go back? I'm bootloader unlocked, CID T-MOB010, TWRP recovery, and I flashed radio 1.20. Do I need to flash radio back to match the RUU before I run it?

Thanks
16th March 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #6  
rosswhite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
269 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3amsINdigital

I have kind of a similar question. After moonshine S-OFF, I'm on modified moonshine HBOOT 2.15.4444. Now I want to go back to the stock HBOOT 2.15.0000. Do I just need to run the RUU to go back? I'm bootloader unlocked, CID T-MOB010, TWRP recovery, and I flashed radio 1.20. Do I need to flash radio back to match the RUU before I run it?

Thanks

Running an RUU is the safest option, although its a bit hit and miss getting the RUU to run correctly. Flashalot recently made a guide (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678700) if you run into any problems. I would try it without changing the radio, if it doesn't work then flash the matching one and go from there.
Now I cannot recommend this, as I have only tried it once myself and the consequences if it went wrong could mean a dead phone, but this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=274) details how you can manually flash a hboot version in RUU mode since you are S-OFF. It comes from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1777223. Use it at your own risk, there have been two incidents of bricks but it depends how lucky you are feeling!
The Following User Says Thank You to rosswhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes