Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to find an older stock sense rom based on 4.1.1 or older

Tip us?

350Rocket
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Trying to find an older stock sense rom based on 4.1.1 or older

So I got a good deal on a galaxy s3 and now I'm getting ready to give the one s to a 50 something year old man who isn't great with technology. He's been using an HTC desire on stock 2.2 for over 3 years now and it's been almost rock solid dependable for him.

I don't want his new phone glitching out on him cause he won't really understand. I spent a few hours today after downgrading to 2.15 hboot and tried 4 different roms and had each one glitch out on me in some way within an hour of use except official cm11 but I only spent maybe 40 minutes with it before making a backup and trying the 3 other roms all 4.4.2 roms.

I'm starting to think I probably can't depend on any of them except an official 4.1.1 or older rom to be reliable enough but now I can't find any working download links for the older roms.

Anyone think they can help? I would give him this one cause it's still stock and keep the one s myself but he doesn't like anything this big and I personally like the s3 size.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

rosswhite
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket View Post
So I got a good deal on a galaxy s3 and now I'm getting ready to give the one s to a 50 something year old man who isn't great with technology. He's been using an HTC desire on stock 2.2 for over 3 years now and it's been almost rock solid dependable for him.

I don't want his new phone glitching out on him cause he won't really understand. I spent a few hours today after downgrading to 2.15 hboot and tried 4 different roms and had each one glitch out on me in some way within an hour of use except official cm11 but I only spent maybe 40 minutes with it before making a backup and trying the 3 other roms all 4.4.2 roms.

I'm starting to think I probably can't depend on any of them except an official 4.1.1 or older rom to be reliable enough but now I can't find any working download links for the older roms.

Anyone think they can help? I would give him this one cause it's still stock and keep the one s myself but he doesn't like anything this big and I personally like the s3 size.

If it was me I would use an RUU to get the phone back to stock. Its not the most up to date version of android but its completely stable, good battery life and a good camera. I think Sense 4 will look pretty good coming from a desire on stock 2.2!
HTC ONE S | S-OFF | HBOOT 2.16 | LIBERTY ROM - THE SIXTH ELEMENT | 4.4.2 | SENSE 6 | SENSE 6 TOOLBOX
THANKS: BEAUPS | LLABTOOFER | BILAL_LIBERTY | PIRLANO | FLAR2 | LANGER HANS/MIKANOSHI
The Following User Says Thank You to rosswhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

350Rocket
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Well I had more coffee and did some more searching and found one several pages back with a download link that still worked. I think it was BehradGH best stock sense v3.0. Based on stock 4.1.1 with a few tweaks trying it now. It should be good and then I don't have to relock it and ruu it. I'd prefer to still have root just in case. Makes it easier to solve some problems if they arrise I think.

If this rom doesn't turn out as stable as I hope it will I will run an ruu. If I run the Telus ruu there is almost no bloatware.