Originally Posted by AscendedWisdom
Hello all! I'm new to android and have been doing my research on the forums, youtube, google, under rocks, voodoo doctors, you name it. I've been able to grasp some things but many questions remain. phone: AT&T Note 3 on KitKat
1) Since it's not possible to root kitkat without tripping knox, what exactly do you lose in the warranty?
2)Which root method do you suggest if I plan on utilizing all what the custom rom/firmware world has to offer?
3)Is custom recovery meant to assist with the knox issue?
4) Can anyone direct me where to find certain tweaks/roms associated with reversing some of the KitKat bugs? Like the sdcard issue, the sview issue, and anymore important ones?
5)Is there a noob friendly faq on how to download roms on the phone and etc? Possibly a list of definitions?
Any and all links are greatly appreciated. I'm sure after a few weeks I'll be more accustomed to Android and all the ups and downs.
Thanks to all in advance!
1. technically ur warranty will void.
2. root methoeds, custom rom & etc are depend on users experience u should read users feedback and decide what to do
If i say X root method and Y rom is good it doesn't mean it will good also for u cause there s lots of options and u should search for what u want or need.
3. wht u mean by know issue? if u mean know counter so when u root ur device it will turn to 0x1 (if i remember correctly)
4. - again u should search by urself cause there s always different reports from custom ROMs! go and spend time in dev section
5. If u want official roms sammobile.com collects all of them but for custom ROM there s always download link in their threads & also tutorials.
list of roms
(as u can find in this link, cf-root is one of them best root method for galaxy)