Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Post Reply

R800at with Locked Bootloader flashing rom solution

OP sipermanight

17th March 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi friends, this is my first post so i hope it helps

I have a XPlay r800at with locked bootloader, and as many of you i wanted to flash a custom ROM

The first problem, i tried to find a free way to unlocking its bootloader, guess what. there is not a free way.(if you can/already paid for it, this post is not for you)

2nd) i found cooked rom's that can be flashed even with a locked bootloader BUT it seem to work just fine with R800i, R800a....

3rd) But, can i flash a r800a or r800i rom and then flash a cooked rom...
The first thing can be done BUT the second no, why? because my phone is a r800at so this stock roms wont work at 100%

4) When i flashed those roms (i tried about 12 stock rom's ) something end up not working, like Wifi or Camera...so i tried to solve this "little" things in order to finally customize my r800at BUT....there is no solution for it since it is a Locked Bootloader meaning NO kernel Flashing meaning NO stock/modified wifi modules....

5) 6) 7) more blablabla (customized systeui.apk, flashing, signing, decompling,downloading testing...... time and frustration)

8) finally i found a solution and here it is.

So if you want to flash a custom rom like "gin2KitKat"(thats the one i originally wanted to flash) here's a way that worked for my r800at
  • You will need a rom called "R800i_4.0.1.A.0.283_(1247-6212).ftf"
    Flashtool

Once you flash it with flash tools, you can follow the custom rom's instruction for "Locked Bootloader"....(root,CWM, wipe....)

i hope this help you and save you some time(despite my long story about how i get this rom working at 100% )

btw, "gin2kitkat" is a vokal1992's project
link to the post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1631144
Last edited by sipermanight; 17th March 2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Forgot a link
18th March 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #2  
psxpetey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Testpoint easiest way and you keep drm if you want it

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
18th March 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
testpoint ? you mean $$
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

Testpoint easiest way and you keep drm if you want it

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

u mean using testpoint to unlock bootloader?? that is not a free way at least i couldnt find a way to do it for free..
19th March 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #4  
psxpetey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

Testpoint easiest way and you keep drm if you want it

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

It Is free that's why I used it lol I never pay for unlock

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
20th March 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
help me with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

It Is free that's why I used it lol I never pay for unlock

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

do you have a link or a guide ???

will it work on a 12W05 r800at ??

i only found omnius and payed credits method, i would appreciate if you could help me with this...
21st March 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #6  
psxpetey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

It Is free that's why I used it lol I never pay for unlock

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

It's called s1 tool here's a link to the guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1730874

Worked great for my r800at. You don't have to attach the jumper to the usb I plugged in my cable according to the guide and just held a wire to the points indicated worked perfect.

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
22nd March 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
25499882 1671
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

It's called s1 tool here's a link to the guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1730874

Worked great for my r800at. You don't have to attach the jumper to the usb I plugged in my cable according to the guide and just held a wire to the points indicated worked perfect.

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app


I cant do it because my phone says

"Rooting Status:
Bootloader unlock Status: NO"

and that tuto asks it to be on "YES" else, "do not attempt to unlock the bootloader"
Last edited by sipermanight; 22nd March 2014 at 09:55 PM.
24th March 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #8  
psxpetey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

It's called s1 tool here's a link to the guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1730874

Worked great for my r800at. You don't have to attach the jumper to the usb I plugged in my cable according to the guide and just held a wire to the points indicated worked perfect.

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

Ya that's not really a big problem but you won't be able to flash .img you will have to flash special .ftf made by LOOPEY on this forum there are only a handful of Roms and kernels such as lupus and doomkernel. You can unlock when unlock says no but you will ONLY be able to flash the Tom's made in. Ftf as you will not be able to enter fastboot. I'll see if I can find the Rom thread in case you still want to do it.


Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2350707
also has some additional info on testpoint unlocks. Which do not brick your phone btw.
Also take a gander at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187172 its a thread by loopy describing unlocking bootloader allowed:no phones
Last edited by psxpetey; 24th March 2014 at 04:32 AM.
24th March 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
thanks, i'll wait for it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

Ya that's not really a big problem but you won't be able to flash .img you will have to flash special .ftf made by LOOPEY on this forum there are only a handful of Roms and kernels such as lupus and doomkernel. You can unlock when unlock says no but you will ONLY be able to flash the Tom's made in. Ftf as you will not be able to enter fastboot. I'll see if I can find the Rom thread in case you still want to do it.


Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2350707
also has some additional info on testpoint unlocks. Which do not brick your phone btw.
Also take a gander at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187172 its a thread by loopy describing unlocking bootloader allowed:no phones


I'll wait for the thread(in case you find it), and ill try to find some more info about it, thanks...
26th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Smile i overlooked them, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey

Ya that's not really a big problem but you won't be able to flash .img you will have to flash special .ftf made by LOOPEY on this forum there are only a handful of Roms and kernels such as lupus and doomkernel. You can unlock when unlock says no but you will ONLY be able to flash the Tom's made in. Ftf as you will not be able to enter fastboot. I'll see if I can find the Rom thread in case you still want to do it.


Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2350707
also has some additional info on testpoint unlocks. Which do not brick your phone btw.
Also take a gander at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187172 its a thread by loopy describing unlocking bootloader allowed:no phones

i confused that links with the one on you signature,

as soon as i my studies give's me time ill start working on it thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes