Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MY HTC ONE X AT&T has this screen and wont start up

OP pvirus86

18th March 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Scarborough
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
please help me. i dont know what to do with this cell... anyhow i managed to get it into this screen...
it would keep restarting after displaying htc quietly brilliant.

i have no idea what was done to this cell as i got it lying around in my closet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-17 19.22.17.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	2636008  
18th March 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,207

14,996 posts
Donate to Me
More
What do you mean you got it lying around in my closet? You don't know what you did to it in the past?

Sent from my Evita
18th March 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Scarborough

9 posts
More
no actually my cousin might have screwed up my cell and kept it back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

What do you mean you got it lying around in my closet? You don't know what you did to it in the past?

Sent from my Evita

18th March 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,996 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well I think the first thing you should do is talk to your cousin and find out exactly what he did to the device, then you can report back here.

Sent from my Evita
18th March 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Scarborough

9 posts
More
is there any other way through which we can come to know what can be done??? such as an odin thing which i used to do in my samsung note 1 or 3???
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Well I think the first thing you should do is talk to your cousin and find out exactly what he did to the device, then you can report back here.

Sent from my Evita

19th March 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,291

7,542 posts
Well, one problem is that the screen is cracked.

Seriously though, the phone for some reason or other cannot load into the OS, and is stuck in bootloader. Other than that, not much else can be determined if you don't know the history of what was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvirus86

is there any other way through which we can come to know what can be done??? such as an odin thing which i used to do in my samsung note 1 or 3???

Nope. You need to know the history of the device. There is an HTC-specific recovery utility. But running it on a device with unknown history can brick the phone permanently. Particularly since the device is definitely tampered (as shown on the first line of the screen).

Also, the phone's IMEI is personal information, and should not be posted on the internet. You should edit the photo to hide the IMEI.
23rd March 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #7  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
More
Smile
Unlock your bootloader. Sometimes if you have custom installed or fragments of a custom ROM on the device it will boot directly into your bootloader. After unlocking your bootloader you can install a recovery image and sideload a ROM.
23rd March 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Scarborough

9 posts
More
yes i asked my brother and he is saying he doesnt remember what he had done to it... if anyone can show me a way to do something ill try it... or else should i take it to some shop to get it fixed.... which would cost me... but first i wanted to get my hands over d expert advise of u all
18th March 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,996 posts
Donate to Me
More
To know what needs to be done I need to know the history of the device. Odin is Samsung only, there is no HTC equivalent. Who got the phone to this point, you or your cousin? You need to find out what he's done.

Sent from my Evita
23rd March 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,996 posts
Donate to Me
More
Return the phone to stock and never let your brother touch any electronic device of yours again.

Sent from my Evita
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread