Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anybody have an update on unlocking the bootloader

Tip us?

droidfreak02
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Anybody have an update on unlocking the bootloader

I know verizon in getting close to pushing out the new kitkat but i dont want to take the update if we have a unlock bootloader in sight

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

sulla65
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidfreak02 View Post
I know verizon in getting close to pushing out the new kitkat but i dont want to take the update if we have a unlock bootloader in sight

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Not gong to happen, so I'd stop worrying and thinking about this.

ryanbg
Old
Thanks Meter 907
We're still hard at work, but we've still got a ways to go. We're still in the research/discovery phase. I'd just update.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ryanbg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pimpmaneaton
Old
Thanks Meter 2,743

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
We're still hard at work, but we've still got a ways to go. We're still in the research/discovery phase. I'd just update.
Awesome @ryanbg glad to hear that some devs are still looking into it. Wish I knew more about how to do something that intensive but my knowledge is limited to custom stock roms and compiling and modifying from source. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rom/Theme Series!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Sensation.
Kindle Fire
Acer Iconia A500
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PERFORM NANDROID BACKUP. [C]over [Y]our [A]$$

ryanbg
Old
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmaneaton View Post
Awesome @ryanbg glad to hear that some devs are still looking into it. Wish I knew more about how to do something that intensive but my knowledge is limited to custom stock roms and compiling and modifying from source. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I was about where you were at in October. I've got a decent chunk of Linux/C experience, but most of it is just reading/learning/searching and putting the pieces together. It's just really time consuming
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryanbg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Morkai Almandragon
Old
Thanks Meter 120
It is sad how quickly people are dismissing it as impossible. people said the same thing about the Razor...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morkai Almandragon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]