FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Titanium Backup will not restore SMS & MMS

18th March 2014, 04:19 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have a 68MB SMS database file and it failed restoring at around 30% now when I try to restore my messages it says:

"Restoring data from XML
Messages (SMS & MMS)"

0% 0/1

It has been there for about 1 hr and only comes out when I reboot. Any ideas how to fix this?

Then when I go to my partial backup, Go SMS Pro will show the names bu the stock SMS app takes forever to load the names.
Last edited by dpoverlord; 18th March 2014 at 04:21 AM.
30th January 2015, 11:57 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
This was never resolved I ended up using SMS Backup and Restore. Just beware if you have more than 5,000 messages like I do it can take Hours / overnight. It literally took me 8 hrs to restore 70,000 messages (remember this is lines of messages so if each contact has 100 texts which is easy.... and there are thousands of contacts in your phone...)
31st January 2015, 01:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoverlord

This was never resolved I ended up using SMS Backup and Restore. Just beware if you have more than 5,000 messages like I do it can take Hours / overnight. It literally took me 8 hrs to restore 70,000 messages (remember this is lines of messages so if each contact has 100 texts which is easy.... and there are thousands of contacts in your phone...)

Ok...all else aside...why would you want that many texts on your phone? 70,000 lines of anything can't possibly be "just current info" ...

Hey...its your phone, etc., you can do anything you want. ..I am just curious why you'd want all that on your phone.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread