Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[2.3+][TEMPLATE][Icon Pack] Go, Aviate, Nova, Apex, Adw, Holo and more supported

Tip us?
 
Blaze
Old
(Last edited by Blaze; 20th March 2014 at 06:48 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 319
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [2.3+][TEMPLATE][Icon Pack] Go, Aviate, Nova, Apex, Adw, Holo and more supported

Hi folks.. This is a project template I have created for helping my themer friends on xda . I have made a simple interface but with almost every possible features that a decent icon pack must have. The template supports from Android 2.3 to 4.4.2

Note : This template is for making the apk only . For a tutorial on how to make icon pack, please refer to this guide of my good friend and tutor @iamareebjamal. Follow only step 5 and 6 because the rest is already done in this template .
Preview :
 

Whats Included :
1. Dedicated in app launcher selector .
2. Icon request tool based on Tung91 's source files. Thanks to @vanessaem for
providing me with those. Now no need to install a different app.
3. Wallpaper support.
4. Go launcher and next launcher support.

Lets get started:

Files you need:
1. My Template HERE
2. Action Bar Sherlock (ABS)HERE
3.Eclipse
4.Notepad ++
Setting Up The Project:
 

1. Download both the files and extract on your desktop.
2. Open up eclipse and import actionbarsherlock as library.
For doing so, go to File-> Import-> Existing Android Code Into Workspace->(browse to the place you extracted ABS and click ok.
 

3. Right click to the imported file, go to properties and select ->Android and select "Is Library" And click apply. Refer to the image for more details.
 

4.Import the template. Now right click and go to Properties->Android->Add and select ABS from the list and click Apply.
Voila!! You are done with importing the project. Now lets dig in for some more features.


Changing the path name:
 
For changing the path name, have a look at the image below.


Changing email id so that you receive mail for icon request:
 
This is quiet simple. Just browse to TemplateIconPack-> src-> example.templete.iconpack and open IconRequest.java with Notepad++ and scroll down to line 212 and 214 and follow the instructions given there.
 


Changing path name inside LauncherActivity.java:
 
LauncherActivity.java is the activity which helps in the automatic application of icon pack in the launcher you select from the list inside the app.
To get it working for adw launcher, just open LauncherActivity.java in Notepad++ and scroll down to line 77. Change "example.templete.iconpack" to the path name of your icon pack.


Adding more wallpaper:
 

For adding more wallpapers, browse to the
TemplateIconPack-> res-> values and open up wallpaper.xml in notepad++. add name of wallpapers in the format present there. place the wallpapers in the drawable-hdpi folder. I have added 4 wallpapers already for your convenience.


Exporting the app:
 

Select File>Export>Export Android Application and Select your IconProject. Click on next and choose Create New Keystore and choose the location where you want it to be created. Enter any password you want. Click next, now, enter any name you want in alias, password, set Validity to 25 years(your choice), First and Last Names. Other Fields are Optional. You must remember those key location, alias and passwords for both as you will be signing upcoming updated of your icon pack with the same key so your fans don' t have to uninstall older app before installing the new one . Click next, then choose where you want your app to be created and click on Finish.

Tested On:
Galaxy Y (2.3.6 )
Moto G ( 4.4.2 )
Note II (4.3 )

Credits:
@tung91
Areeb Jamal
@MuSaddiq
@vanessaem
Team GFX Bandits

Download and Try Sample App from Google Play
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Blaze
Old
(Last edited by Blaze; 22nd March 2014 at 06:01 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 319
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

Change Log 1:
Fixed fc of icon request send button.
Fixed fc when choosing adw launcher from the launcher selector list.
New Template Link

Icon Pack(the1dynasty source) Integrated With Icon request feature by Alex Reconer [4.0+]:
As promised Guys, here It is. You need to add ABS as library for this. Please check out the original THREAD for more details. Thanks to @the1dynasty for his awesome icon pack template and @Alex_R3CONN3R for his awesome icon request tool.

 
Set up procedure is same as the previous one. Every other details and instructions is given inside respective xml and java files. Follow the instructions in green inside the files.


ScreenShots:
 


DOWNLOAD LINK:
DOWNLOAD HERE
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vanessaem
Old
#3  
vanessaem's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9252
Posts: 10,930
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the tutorial and template.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vanessaem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MuSaddiq
Old
#4  
MuSaddiq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 873
Posts: 629
Join Date: Aug 2013
Very nice template
The Following User Says Thank You to MuSaddiq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Blaze
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 319
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem View Post
Thanks for the tutorial and template.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSaddiq View Post
Very nice template
Thank you guys... I hope more people will come to know about this..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mloc33
Old
#6  
mloc33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3814
Posts: 4,399
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kildare

 
DONATE TO ME
I'll definitely give this a go later on, thanks man.
@vanessaem,thanks for the referral to here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone : SGS 3
ROM : Oemga
Kernel : Stock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mloc33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Blaze
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 319
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mloc33 View Post
I'll definitely give this a go later on, thanks man.
@vanessaem,thanks for the referral to here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks man.. I will go on updating the template with new features..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xperia4.0
Old
#8  
xperia4.0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 250
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Hi folks.. This is a project template I have created for helping my themer friends on xda . I have made a simple interface but with almost every possible features that a decent icon pack must have. The template supports from Android 2.3 to 4.4.2

Note : This template is for making the apk only . For a tutorial on how to make icon pack, please refer to this guide of my good friend and tutor
iamareebjamal. Follow only step 5 and 6 because the rest is already done in this template .
Preview :
 

Whats Included :
1. Dedicated in app launcher selector .
2. Icon request tool based on Tung91 's source files. Thanks
to @vanessaem for
providing me with those. Now no need to install a different
app.
3. Wallpaper support.
4. Go launcher and next launcher support.

Lets get started:

Files you need:
1. My Template HERE
2. Action Bar Sherlock (ABS)HERE
3.Eclipse
4.Notepad ++
Setting Up The Project:
 

1. Download both the files and extract on your desktop.
2. Open up eclipse and import actionbarsherlock as library.
For doing so, go to File-> Import-> Existing Android Code Into Workspace->(browse to the place you extracted ABS and click ok.
 

3. Right click to the imported file, go to properties and select ->Android and select "Is Library" And click apply. Refer to the image for more details.
 

4.Import the template. Now right click and go to Properties->Android->Add and select ABS from the list and click Apply.
Voila!! You are done with importing the project. Now lets dig in for some more features.


Changing the path name:
 
For changing the path name, have a look at the image below.


Changing email id so that you receive mail for icon request:
 
This is quiet simple. Just browse to TemplateIconPack-> src-> example.templete.iconpack and open IconRequest.java with Notepad++ and scroll down to line 212 and 214 and follow the instructions given there.
 


Adding more wallpaper:
 

For adding more wallpapers, browse to the
TemplateIconPack-> res-> values and open up wallpaper.xml in notepad++. add name of wallpapers in the format present there. place the wallpapers in the drawable-hdpi folder. I have added 4 wallpapers already for your convenience.


Exporting the app:
 

Select File>Export>Export Android Application and Select your IconProject. Click on next and choose Create New Keystore and choose the location where you want it to be created. Enter any password you want. Click next, now, enter any name you want in alias, password, set Validity to 25 years(your choice), First and Last Names. Other Fields are Optional. You must remember those key location, alias and passwords for both as you will be signing upcoming updated of your icon pack with the same key so your fans don' t have to uninstall older app before installing the new one . Click next, then choose where you want your app to be created and click on Finish.

Tested On:
Galaxy Y (2.3.6 )
Moto G ( 4.4.2 )
Note II (4.3 )

Credits:
@tung91
Areeb Jamal
@MuSaddiq
@vanessaem
Team GFX Bandits

Download and Try Sample App from Google Play
when i select the unthemed Apps And click on send ..i get FC...
IF I HELPED YOU PRESS THANKS..!

GFX BANDITS

BOOTANIMATOR
you request i make.!
 
Blaze
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 319
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kolkata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia4.0 View Post
when i select the unthemed Apps And click on send ..i get FC...
Do you have any kind of email app installed? Cause its working on both devices of mine... Can you provide a logcat?
 
xperia4.0
Old
#10  
xperia4.0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 250
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Do you have any kind of email app installed? Cause its working on both devices of mine... Can you provide a logcat?
gmail, yes... and i get FC after selecting the way to send the reQuest..
give me 5min i will get bck to you with logcat..
IF I HELPED YOU PRESS THANKS..!

GFX BANDITS

BOOTANIMATOR
you request i make.!
Tags
adw, aviate, iconpack, nova, template
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes